Shogun "pride rules safer than unified rules"!

Question..... Would you have a better chance of killing a downed oponent with a soccer kick to the head? Or with an elbow?

I know which one I would rather be on the receiving end of.

Where did I say anything about pinning a guy against the cage and elbow slicing his dome into what resembles a Saw movie victim? I didn’t. Martial arts are skills. It doesn’t take skills to kick a guy in the head while he’s on the ground. Maybe people that want to see that should watch those world star videos. They’re more suited to their likes I’m guessing. It just seems cowardly to me. ImHo

Thanks for proving my point.

I mean, to use a comparative example, Shogun looked far more graceful and skillful in practicing those stomps than, say, Tito Ortiz did back in the day throwing elbows on a heavy bag.

I mean, to use a comparative example, Shogun looked far more graceful and skillful in practicing those stomps than, say, Tito Ortiz did back in the day throwing elbows on a heavy bag.
I don’t see the skill in kicking people in the head that are on the ground. Comparing Tito and shogun in this way does not prove skill.

I don’t see the skill in kicking people in the head that are on the ground. Comparing Tito and shogun in this way does not prove skill.

That's actually the video I was trying to find before, but couldn't. Sorry for the trash music on the last one, lol.

Shogun shows different setups, and different combinations of kicks/stomps to use in different positions. It's certainly skillful, that much is undeniable. Saying that it isn't is almost like someone watching a boxing fight and saying that it takes no skill to punch someone in the face.

It might not be for you, which is fine, but it certainly takes skill.

That's actually the video I was trying to find before, but couldn't. Sorry for the trash music on the last one, lol.

Shogun shows different setups, and different combinations of kicks/stomps to use in different positions. It's certainly skillful, that much is undeniable. Saying that it isn't is almost like someone watching a boxing fight and saying that it takes no skill to punch someone in the face.

It might not be for you, which is fine, but it certainly takes skill.

Naw. Not a skill at all. Comparing kicking the head of a man on the ground and boxing, is a terrible comparison. How can you not see that? Two men standing and kickboxing with head kicks, is skillful, as is boxing. That’s a good comparison.

Naw. Not a skill at all. Comparing kicking the head of a man on the ground and boxing, is a terrible comparison. How can you not see that? Two men standing and kickboxing with head kicks, is skillful, as is boxing. That’s a good comparison.

Are elbows on the ground skillful?

Are elbows on the ground skillful?
No. Also, While someone could practice punching a man in the balls over and over, I don’t see that as a skill either.

Last edited:
He seriously thinks foot stomps are safer than elbows? Maybe he's been hit in the head a few too many times, because no one with any sense would believe that.
they're safer for him

Soccer kicks, stomps, and knees to the grounded opponent... these would serve as great equalizers for the natural striker while fighting the grappler.

UFC rules heavily favor wrestlers. You can literally spam takedowns and stay low on your knee and your opponent can't strike you except by lowering down to punch you.

Comical really

Soccer kicks, stomps, and knees to the grounded opponent... these would serve as great equalizers for the natural striker while fighting the grappler.

UFC rules heavily favor wrestlers. You can literally spam takedowns and stay low on your knee and your opponent can't strike you except by lowering down to punch you.

Comical really
except for the majority of the time the "natural strikers" are too busy trying to defend the takedown to do much else. All that these grounded strikes would do is stop grappling based fighters from taking lazy shots when they get tired or when they panic wrestle. Do you really think guys like Woodley wouldn't use these type of strikes to his advantage?

Comical really
It became so close to comvat wrestling its not even mma anymore. Also if anyone is so naive to not think that mccain and all these mma haters dint ban soccerkicks to ruin the sport, should watch some soccerkick highlight reels.

Trust me, you would think twice about a takedown when the guy can kick you or knee you.

He seriously thinks foot stomps are safer than elbows? Maybe he's been hit in the head a few too many times, because no one with any sense would believe that.
I believe the man deservers the right to an opinion.
I am sure he has felt both in his career.
elbows are sharp, pointy, cause a lot of huge cuts, broken orbitals, etc.
the point of impact from an elbow is a lot smaller than a stomp or soccer kick.

Back