Shogun is one of those fighters that gives it all...

The injuries have led to big problems with inconsistency, and he's not as quick as he used to be. I think taking at least a full year or two off to heal completely would have helped quite a bit, but that's obviously not practical for most fighters given the short window of time they have to fight at the pro level.

I predict Shogun loses his next UFC fight, gets cut, then goes to Bellator to headline a PPV rematch against Rampage Jackson.

Calling it now.

His fighting style has looked much tighter in his last two fights than it has in the past. He was doing an exceptionally good job against Hendo before getting stopped with a punch from the clinch. I still think there's a few interesting fights for him. Wouldn't mind seeing him fight Davis, even though he lost I don't think now is the time for a step down in competition.

This. I thought he looked especially solid against Henderson and was dominating until the KO. Then again, Dan has been looking pretty bad lately so it might just be because of that.

Do you think he any chance at the belt?

Nope... But to be perfectly honest, I don't think any 205er in the UFC has a chance at the belt as long as Jones has it.

Back