Shogun is one of those fighters that gives it all...

Shogun should take Wanderlei and ride off into the sunset before someone gets seriously hurt.

Lately, Rua started to look like an ostrich that puts its head down and throws down with no game plan or anything. It's very sad to see that.

It happens to everyone, man. No one stays at the top forever.

Honestly I thought he looked bad against Hendo. He was slow as molasses and flat footed, no head movement at all, etc. He looked good only because Dan looked even worse. I love Shogun, he's my boy but I don't think he has anything left.

I completely agree. I love both Hendo and Shogun, but that fight was just depressing.

But, with giving it all seems not enough anymore. As much as I want to see him fight, as I much as I want him to call it quits. He was the champ in pride and in the UFC, so I think it's time to look at other options because they way he got destroyed by JBJ, then getting subbed by Chael who is actually a MW fighter, and if he couldn't finish Dan and get messed up by him, and with his knees, I think it's safe to say he is finished. I really don't want to see him with brain damage issues because I care about him as a fan. I know he has to make a living, but on what expense? If he stays on this path, I don't think he will be mentally healthy enough to enjoy the fruits of his hard work.

What do you guys think? Keep in mind, he won't change his fighting style.

I maybe agree. Shogun still showed great skills against te huna and hendo. but I think he should retire "early" as his career has been just too gritty.

He, Wanderlei and Big Nog should get retirement fight in Brazil or Japan and walk away as legends and top 10 fighters of all time.

He, Wanderlei and Big Nog should get retirement fight in Brazil or Japan and walk away as legends and top 10 fighters of all time.

Honestly I really dont think Big Nog should be allowed 1 more fight.

I completely agree. I love both Hendo and Shogun, but that fight was just depressing.

While it's obvious both guys are removed from their primes, the conditions they were fighting under made everyone look pretty bad that night.

The UFC held the card in an arena that was over 90 degrees F with over 90% humidity. There were slow and tired fighters that night aplenty.

Honestly I really dont think Big Nog should be allowed 1 more fight.

The Nelson fight was hard to watch.

And I remember seeing an article lately saying Rodrigo's hands just shake and twitch anymore. That's about as depressing as it gets.

Legend. Should fight some more fights at LHW and MW as well, then see where he's at.
No stress, a great fighter no matter the outcome, just come to grips with his current self without getting too much damage.

I support Shogun since 2005 when he was called the Wanderlei 2.0, and that concept sounded off to me since Wanderlei was main man athlete to be adressed.

Shit, time goes fast man

The only thing left for Shogun is a big money fight, such as him against Lil Nog in Japan, a fight with Anderson, or a possible move to MW (which is not very likely)

I don't think there are any big money fights left for Shogun.
Rua - Lil Nog was almost 9 years ago. Sure there are some fans that would be nostalgic for it but they are both way past their prime.

Anderson deserves better than a sideshow fight. He's not the champ but he's still relevant.

Watched some of shoguns early pride stuff not long ago. God damn he had some speed back then! Punches and kicks, very quick hands though with power. Still does have that power but his speed has dramatically declined.

Shogun vs any legend would be awesome. Lil Nog, Anderson, Vitor would be nice.

Shogun fans have endured enough pain the last 3 years or so.

GSP beat Hendricks.

Shogun still does well with the elite.

Hendo and Manuwa were good fights.

See what happens next.

GSP beat Hendricks.

Shogun still does well with the elite.

Hendo and Manuwa were good fights.

See what happens next.

Not according to the majority of MMA fans. There is a reason why he 'retired' after that fight.

I don't think there are any big money fights left for Shogun.
Rua - Lil Nog was almost 9 years ago. Sure there are some fans that would be nostalgic for it but they are both way past their prime.

Anderson deserves better than a sideshow fight. He's not the champ but he's still relevant.

It's an old fight, but I feel the Japanese crowd would still get amped up for it if they were to book that fight for a Japan card.

Shogun is always dangerous, and people have wanted to see that match-up for awhile. I wouldn't be against it really.

3-5 in his last 8 but I don't care if he loses his next 4 in a row. he won't be cut until its on his terms.

in the LHW division,Shogun will not be in title contention any more.If the UFC cared about this legend,they'd give him a few favorable fights so he can retire on a high note.

I'd like to see Shogun fight Rashad, rematch Nog and have trilogy fights with Machida and Hendo. Who wouldn't want to see these 4 fights?

I would like to see him fight manuwa, little nog, rashad, mousassi, and thiago silva (if he fights in the ufc again)

Back