Shogun interview about dropping to 185 *Video*

mmanew

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
That would be awesome , imagine shogun at 185 and motivated.

Interesting to mention that he never weighed less than 97Kg (213).

(The subtitles doesn't work in mobile devices apparently, unless you manually activate the annotations)

[YT]BNHZS7MQGlQ[/YT]

Motivation was never his problem.

Healthy Shogun is where it's at.

I think he should have dropped, 213 is too small for guys like Jones and Gus

Obviously the weight doesn't address the main issues though

I hope he does, losing some weight would be good for his knees as well.
I don't think is the cut but the diet the part that Shogun doesn't like.

Jones does not weigh much more than that.

That would only make sense if the weight limit pushed him to train like a fiend.

Jones does not weigh much more than that.

Yeah Jones has showed surprisingly light according to him to most of his fights.
Either way, Jones or not, 8 pounds is a very small cut even for the average flyweight on the UFC.

I remember him early pride he was slim looking, and still had baby fat on him..

From the vid. it sounds like he was saying that he was only that low earlier in his career esp. with him mentioning right after that he hasn't been lower than that even since he was a teen.

I'm the biggest Shogun fan but I don't think he has anything left. I really think for his own health he should retire.

From the vid. it sounds like he was saying that he was only that low earlier in his career esp. with him mentioning right after that he hasn't been lower than that even since he was a teen.

He weighed that against JJ(saw an interview) and has weighed less I think against Machida. He weighed 212-213 against JJ and didn't look in good shape

I don't think he's been much bigger and he looks in worse shape these days with higher bodyfat

He said he hasn't weighed 204 since being 18.

He recently got finished by Hendo and Sonnen, neither had a size advantage. I don't see the drop helping.

Back