Shogun has officially lost his chin.

Both Shogun and Hendo destroyed each other's chins in their first fight. I was afraid of that very thing at the time in fact. That was the price for maybe the GOAT UFC fight.

His chin certainly isn't gone though. It's just highly degraded.

Whether that was even a display of his chin is debatable, as others have said.

I don't think he should retire. Just because you aren't top 5 anymore doesn't mean you are worthless. Franky I don't think he has the money to retire.

they both definitely did insane damage to each other, and yes hurt each others' chins int he long run. one reason I was against the rematch when it was announced.

He's always been that way, he's been rocked in fights here and there through his career. Lil nog rocked him twice I think in their first match.

Yes but getting hit behind the ear will fuck up with the fluids in your ear and make you lose balance, although you won't get unconscious.

Dat regurgitated bro science tho. Many fighters have been KOd by shots behind the ear

This kind of shot is a bit different and even iron chinned guys get dropped by it

No such thing as an iron chin

IMO it hasn't degraded. It's just the lack of roids. No bashing, just stating the obvious which was confirmed for almost everyone in PRIDE. The same with Wand and a few others.

Want some cheese with that plate of bullshit? Zero evidence of Shogun ever doing roids, fighter bashing isn't quite allowed around here.

If phantom punches from a sub par striker puts you on shaky legs you're not going places.

Sub-par striker? You should prob check his boxing credentials ...

I think your knowledge is pretty sub par buddy

IMO it hasn't degraded. It's just the lack of roids. No bashing, just stating the obvious which was confirmed for almost everyone in PRIDE. The same with Wand and a few others.

yeah, its not like he took a lot of H bombs in the first fight, which was in the ufc, and held his own pretty well

nogdropsshogun.gif

Would have loved to see them in that shape fighting today.

Are you really comparing that shot from 2005 to the one last night?

Lol, i dont even know whos trolling anymore.

His chin is what saved him.....
This.

It's amazing how little people on an MMA forum know about what they are watching.

Shogun did a fantastic job recovering from that shot, defending against getting hit flush again until his head cleared. I don't like Shogun, and I was very impressed with how he defended while recovering.

Kudos to Shogun.

whoa.... shogun fuck your girlfriend or something? relax bud

How are people defending the fact he got rocked by Lil nog lol. His chin is definitely gone. People forgot that he got KO by OSP in 30 seconds in his last fight. Shogun looked revitalized, until he looked like shit after getting rocked. I feel bad for him... I thought he was about to make a comeback

How are people defending the fact he got rocked by Lil nog lol. His chin is definitely gone. People forgot that he got KO by OSP in 30 seconds in his last fight. Shogun looked revitalized, until he looked like shit after getting rocked. I feel bad for him... I thought he was about to make a comeback

You say that as if lilnog isn't one f the premiere strikers at 205, which he is. Young shogun was rocked by Lil nog as well.

Well, t.s. has officially lost his mind...actually, I'm not convinced he ever had it to begin with. LOL

He got hit on the back of the head, awkward punch that ended up being kinda rabbit punch.

But yeah, pretty worrying to see Shogun wobbled by this.

Pretty much no one can take a shot behind the ear without being wobbled though, so including it in the "chin" of a fighter doesn't make sense.

This. I don't get how people can watch mma this long and still don't understand fighting.

Getting clipped on the temple can hurt anyone, and even when hurt he stood in the pocket like a fucking warrior swinging everything he had and managed to survive.

But I don't think he can sustain even a fraction of the damage he once could. I want him to fight Quinton and retire win or lose. Seeing Nogueira stumble around seemingly every single time Struve even grazed him—seeing Mauricio like that would be heartbreaking.

Back