Shogun has officially lost his chin.

first angle it looks like nog hit him on top of the head,second angel showed it around the temple area. horrible place to catch one,but his ability to take a punch is slipping,when you consider who he's fought.

I think he was referring to it as a colloquial term for ability to take shots to the head in general. But yeah, I thought Shogun recovered pretty well. His chin has degraded from its legendary days for sure, but it's still pretty solid and not potato level like Chuck Lidell yet.

IMO it hasn't degraded. It's just the lack of roids. No bashing, just stating the obvious which was confirmed for almost everyone in PRIDE. The same with Wand and a few others.

Yes, getting wobbled, not falling down, and still intellegently defending by slipping/blocking a large amount of the follow up punches certainly means his chin is gone. I mean, his chin is almost Jonathan Goulet level at this point...

You sir, are ignorant

He took a solid shot from a good puncher. TS makes it sound like a gust of wind staggered him.

His chin definitely faded, don't know how much but it's not the same, he took the shot got rocked and stayed up, old shogun wouldn't feel a thing

His chin is definitely not the same as before, it is pretty obvious. He used to have one of the best chin in the division...but after these rough years (esp 2 brutal fights v.s Hendo), his chin has faded...no surprise.

Shogun was eating hendo bombs for 5 rounds and only got knocked down once in their first fight. Please, his chin is beyond rubbish compared to what it was.

Lol he got dropped more than once in that fight

I thought "chin" was one's ability to take a punch, and not literally the chin?

I lol because of how malleable the term "chin" is around here

Pretty much no one can take a shot behind the ear without being wobbled though, so including it in the "chin" of a fighter doesn't make sense.

His hairline looked worse he looked like he goin bald

what chin???? it was on the head, are you blind?

Pretty much no one can take a shot behind the ear without being wobbled though, so including it in the "chin" of a fighter doesn't make sense.

The whole "chin" discussion doesn't make sense.

I thought "chin" was one's ability to take a punch, and not literally the chin?

I lol because of how malleable the term "chin" is around here

Yes but getting hit behind the ear will fuck up with the fluids in your ear and make you lose balance, although you won't get unconscious.

This kind of shot is a bit different and even iron chinned guys get dropped by it

Yes but getting hit behind the ear will fuck up with the fluids in your ear and make you lose balance, although you won't get unconscious.

This kind of shot is a bit different and even iron chinned guys get dropped by it

Shogun did the chicken dance he was rocked it wasn't like he just stumbled his legs straightened out and he did the chicken dance

I wonder if Shogun is carrying some kind of inner ear damage that makes him more susceptible to getting messed up by shots to the side of the head? You look at the OSP knockdown and really it seems a bit similar, Shogun doesn't really look like he's close to going out there either but he loses his balance massively leading to the infamous "skateboard/potatoe/banana skin" knockdown.

The way he reacted against Rogerio definitely looked like he was having trouble balancing but equally after a few mins he really seemed to shake it off and recovered very nicely, better than you'd expect for someone who'd been "normally" rocked for that long.

The 2nd Hendo fight was a very bad nose break as well so that's not really a sign of a bad chin. The big issue for me is that he's just gotten slower and easier to hit.

Both Shogun and Hendo destroyed each other's chins in their first fight. I was afraid of that very thing at the time in fact. That was the price for maybe the GOAT UFC fight.

His chin certainly isn't gone though. It's just highly degraded.

Whether that was even a display of his chin is debatable, as others have said.

I don't think he should retire. Just because you aren't top 5 anymore doesn't mean you are worthless. Franky I don't think he has the money to retire.

the point is anyone can get hit behind the ear and lose their equilibrium. he recovered it shortly after. is his chin as good as before? probably not, but it's not 'shot' by any means.

and there it is.

Back