Shogun Being Booed

It's not just that, ignoring new MMA rules you can judge Nog won and Shogun avoid the fight in the ending, if Shogun had stand and get a fair win would not got that boo, but we here know its a sport not a street brawl.

I do agree, but I feel like if he had fought an American or just not another Brazilian, he wouldn't have been booed as much.

There was just more Team Nogueira fans there. They have a lot of gyms.

Little Nog is from Rio.

Some of you are beyond stupid with your analysis.

There would've been boos either way. It was a close match and some fans are always going to protest if their favorite loses.

I think Shogun should take some time off even with this win. Just seems like he needs to find himself again.

He got booed because he wanted to win instead of brawling the whole fight. Shogun lit him up to the chin early and tore up his body later on and still couldn't stop him and he got hurt bad so he went for the low risk strategy and still almost got caught there at the end.

i was just glad to see shogun utilizing his kicks. also lil nog ate those kicks like a champ.

i was just glad to see shogun utilizing his kicks. also lil nog ate those kicks like a champ.

True, anyone who says Shogun didn't have effective striking should go and look at Lil Nog's body right after the fight. He still needs to utilize some more straight strikes to mask those monster hooks and lower the chances of counters.

Guys, this was in Rio De Janeiro, Nog's Hometown. Shogun's an outsider from Curitiba, simple as that.

he wasn't wearing his Bad Boy shorts so no one recognized him

It was a terrible crowd...they also booed Big Nog during his fight.

Nice job, Brazil.

that was really weird. thought shogun had godlike status in brazil.

Rio is the bjj city and Curritiba(sp?) was the thai city, it's been a rivalry for years now. More than likely Shogun was booed because of this. If any of u are old enough to remember BTT vs Chute Boxe? Also back when Vitor kod Wand in 30 seconds, he didn't yell " Jiu Jitsu " because of a sweet sub, it was because of the rivalry that already was hot between the two styles and two cities.

They are both from Brazil but nog is from Rio.

If a DC guy fights a Boston guy in Boston, who do you think will get boo'd?

IF they saw the first fight they would know nog outboxed him there too and shogun won via top game and gnp

People saying it was because Rio is the Nog's turf: How do you explain Big Nog, the more famous of the twins, getting booed during his fight with Struve when he was doing his best Johny Hendricks imitation?

Shogun looked good until he got clipped in the temple/behind the ear. If it wasn't for that, I think he would've kept it a striking battle ala Shogun/Machida I. But after he got clipped, he fought a smart tactful fight. I have no complaints. Definitely glad to see his kicks are back.

I thought the fight could've been a draw or Rogerio winning. Still, I was happy no body left hurt.

Back