Shogun Being Booed

nickdagger

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Unbelievable.

I'm a huge Shogun fan and can admit that it was a close fight that probably could have been scored a number of different ways(could see argument for Lil Nog Win, Draw, or Shogun win). Personally I gave Shogun rounds 2 and 3, and wouldn't have given a 10-8 to Nog for the first round as it Shogun was doing well for like 65% of it prior to Lil Nog getting Shogun Wobbly, but even then Shogun was firing back occasionally and landing some big shots of his own. I can certainly see a good argument being made for a 10-8 being given to Lil Nog for that round as a legitimate score.

But REGARDLESS of your view of the judges decision-you don't take it out on a legend like Shogun. He deserves so much better. Boo the judges, not Shogun. Shogun couldn't even stand after the fight because of an injury form kicking Lil Nog's elbow:

[YT]hlZPS5cgiQ8[/YT]
[YT]r_K7RXZfPGs[/YT]

BTW I think Shogun should retire with this win. He's only 33, but too many knee surgeries and too much damage from battles over the years have added up. Even though his striking and head movement was looking a lot better than in recent fights. Go out on a good win Shogun! Either way WAR Shogun! Hespect.

Nog is better stand up fighter.

He was booed because after he got wobbled in the first, he feared Nog's hands and turned into a staller. Crowd wasn't happy he denied them a bangfest.

Shogun is not that much liked by the casuals in Brazil. I think he is way more liked in US and others.

The crowd in attendance wasn't following MMA in 2010, let alone 2005. The majority probably didn't even bother to look him up on Wikipedia.

He was booed because after he got wobbled in the first, he feared Nog's hands and turned into a staller. Crowd wasn't happy he denied them a bangfest.

He needed longer to recover from getting wobbled in the 1st IMHO that's why he layed on Nog at the start of the second without doing a great deal, after that he was more than willing to exchange with him again and got the best of it.

Remember of course he was fighting a Nog brother, both of which are also highly popular in Brazil even if Rogerio's popularity is a bit reflected from Big Nog.

that was really weird. thought shogun had godlike status in brazil.

Nog is better stand up fighter.

Maybe better boxing, but Shogun has KOs over:

Rampage
Machida(also won the first fight, when no one could touch Machida in the stand up(come at me bro))
Forrest Griffin
Lidell
Vera
Overeem(x2)
Te Huna
Arona
Cyrille Diabat

So glad he won, one of the only fighters that gets me tachycardic while I watch. Idk why anyone thought that fight was boring, I was watching with 4 ppl and they all enjoyed it.

Well they're both Brazilian fighters and they both have a lot of fans. Shogun is a Pride legend and so are the Nog Bros. Naturally some people are fans of Shogun and others are fans of Nog. So some people booed the guy that beat their guy. Just makes sense.

Who's to say the crowd wasn't booing the judges?

I've booed before. I was booing the judges, not the fighters. The fighters just happen to be there.

Regular UFC fan wants blood and Shogun went for a tatic fight after he got caught in the 1st round.

Really known by the masses in Brazil only Anderson Silva, Vitor belfort and Big Nog. And Cigano for he comments the fights in Globo (open tv who holds the UFC rights and transmits some fights now and then)

Nogueira brothers are more known and more people were rooting for Rogeiro.

Shogun trying to clinch was a little frustating, but yeah the crowd there's was clearly the new fans of MMA, the olders ones since Pride would never boo shogun, even with Nog brothers being the first well known in brazil, before Shogun.

Fight was on Rio de Janeiro, where Nog's live and there was a lot of Team Nogueira members at audience. Maybe the old rivalry between BTT x Chute Boxe showed a little bit.

Well they're both Brazilian fighters and they both have a lot of fans. Shogun is a Pride legend and so are the Nog Bros. Naturally some people are fans of Shogun and others are fans of Nog. So some people booed the guy that beat their guy. Just makes sense.

It's not just that, ignoring new MMA rules you can judge Nog won and Shogun avoid the fight in the ending, if Shogun had stand and get a fair win would not got that boo, but we here know its a sport not a street brawl.

i am partial but I had shogun winning a close decision.

I want shogun to retire though

Back