Shogun and Rampage should both be retired.....

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Shogun and Rampage should both be in retirement but if both guys insist on sticking around it would be a crime not to match these two up next. It would add to the list of legend vs legend fights like Couture vs Coleman, Liddell vs Wandy, Shogun vs Hendo, etc. There's nobody on the LHW roster that I want to see either of these guys fight except for each other.

Last edited:
I'd love to see them fight but at this point id say Page takes it easily, Shogun can barely move and he's a shell of his former self from their previous fight. Page has been on a decline also but he has aged better in time then Shogun has

It makes sense to make the fight ranking wise. I would favor Rampage in the rematch. But i wouldn't be surprised to see Lil Nog vs Rampage and Shogun vs Cummings.

It makes sense to make the fight ranking wise. I would favor Rampage in the rematch. But i wouldn't be surprised to see Lil Nog vs Rampage and Shogun vs Cummings.

Cummings is probably the last guy the UFC wants to see Shogun fight. He would rag doll Shogun around terribly and Shogun is still a money maker popularity wise. I wouldn't doubt we will see Shogun fight a guy like Boestch next

I'd love to see them fight but at this point id say Page takes it easily, Shogun can barely move and he's a shell of his former self from their previous fight. Page has been on a decline also but he has aged better in time then Shogun has

He was moving pretty well against Minotoro. I think Rampage would hurt him and finish him at this point, though. Minotoro almost got it done, I just don't see Rampage letting Shogun off the hook like Minotoro did if he got Shogun hurt like that.

He was moving pretty well against Minotoro. I think Rampage would hurt him and finish him at this point, though. Minotoro almost got it done, I just don't see Rampage letting Shogun off the hook like Minotoro did if he got Shogun hurt like that.

It's a solid co main event or a FN headliner, both guys are over the hill but have fun fight styles and have solid name value

I would love to see that matchup. If Rampage wins it also would mean that him and Hendo are the only two people to beat Shogun and Ninja.

Page/Rua 2 is the perfect fight for both & the sort of fight the UFC needs to make to utilize the fan appeal of their aging stars.

Cummings is probably the last guy the UFC wants to see Shogun fight. He would rag doll Shogun around terribly and Shogun is still a money maker popularity wise. I wouldn't doubt we will see Shogun fight a guy like Boestch next

Well if Joe Silva doesn't match up Page and Shogun then i really don't know who else Shogun would fight. Maybe Jan Blachowicz.

Rampage still has more then a few good shows left in him. Shogun may be down to his last few, so this should happen soon.

considering it wasn't a hard punch, yet was behind the ear.. shogun was more off equilibrium from that shot. after that he did take 1 or 2 hard punches and ate them well.

not that I don't doubt that rampage has a great chance of beating shogun.

Shogun and Rampage should both be in retirement but if both guys insist on sticking around it would be a crime not to match these two up next. It would add to the list of legend vs legend fights like Couture vs Coleman, Liddell vs Wandy, Shogun vs Hendo, etc. There's nobody on the LHW roster that I want to see either of these guys fight except for each other.

Good lord.... They already fought, man. Legend fights....

Well if Joe Silva doesn't match up Page and Shogun then i really don't know who else Shogun would fight. Maybe Jan Blachowicz.

shogun could definitely be given a step up on competition.. sink or swim.

besides that it would be great if he could make 185, but really.. thinking about it not sure how much that would help as there are physical monsters in both divisions.. well it would help a bit if it is feasible for him. shogun does seem to be carrying around a bit more weight however.

This is Rampage's fight to lose, at least the way I see it. Those two wars with Hendo took too much from Shogun. He still has a chance though, and I'd love to see him put away Rampage.

they should make this fight. Rampage has some court battles before that tho.

Shogun and Rampage should fight each other again.

Both guys have been asking for this fight for years. The UFC would be crazy not to make it happen.

Back