Shoes.

Gramps

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guys, what do you think of boxing shoes for DL's?

Would they work for squat?

Probably will work fine. Especially the ones that are built similar to wrestling shoes with the flat bottom.

i wear some nice ass puma's when i squat. they basically feel like slippers and have the nice flat bottom.

If your gym wont give you shit over it go Barefoot all the way.

Mine did, its like they were waiting for me to do it as well. I didnt even finish 1 set before I had some moron walking over and telling me to put my shoes on.

Mine did, its like they were waiting for me to do it as well. I didnt even finish 1 set before I had some moron walking over and telling me to put my shoes on.

Right. They are morons for disallowing barefoot lifting for health and safety reasons. It couldn't possibly be the case that you are the moron for believing some hippy idiot on the internet who says that squatting barefoot is a good idea.

Right. They are morons for disallowing barefoot lifting for health and safety reasons. It couldn't possibly be the case that you are the moron for believing some hippy idiot on the internet who says that squatting barefoot is a good idea.

Or some nasty motherfucker that doesn't wash his feet.

I use indoor soccer shoes... stylish and useful... go me!

How about doing squatting and deadlifting in socks?

Well I wasnt barefoot I had my socks on. Whatever safety reasons are just as applicable if squatting wearing shoes. A bit of fabric isnt going to stop my foot being mangled by some heavy weight. I squat now wearing Converse type shoes, protection wise its like wearing 2 pairs of socks.

Well I wasnt barefoot I had my socks on. Whatever safety reasons are just as applicable if squatting wearing shoes. A bit of fabric isnt going to stop my foot being mangled by some heavy weight. I squat now wearing Converse type shoes, protection wise its like wearing 2 pairs of socks.

Feet sweat. Shoes don't.

The issue with public gyms is sanitary, as Chase pointed out. I hope no one is foolish enough to believe anything but steel toe boots will save your foot from a falling plate. If you don't like it, lift at home or in a hardcore place that doesn't care. If I ran a public gym I wouldn't want a bunch of smelly ass feet walking all over stuff. I really can't tell a difference between my Sambas and barefoot.

I'm not entirely sure how my foot fungus will be contracted by somebody who decides to wear shoes... and if the other person decides to go barefoot, how is it the gyms fault they contract footrot? I dunno, given the MASSIVE amounts of stupidity I see in the gym, making a big deal about barefoot lifting seems like a silly thing to do based on the premise of sanitation.

I'm not entirely sure how my foot fungus will be contracted by somebody who decides to wear shoes... and if the other person decides to go barefoot, how is it the gyms fault they contract footrot? I dunno, given the MASSIVE amounts of stupidity I see in the gym, making a big deal about barefoot lifting seems like a silly thing to do based on the premise of sanitation.

:D -

Sweaty feet will leave sweat foot marks and even pools of sweat (depending on the person). Wet flooring is slippery. Not something you want when people are lifting heavy weights and need to depend on their footing.

Back