Shoes

Lustercross

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm not really sure if I posted in the right place so I apologize if I didn't.

I have a problem and I want to know if I can get any help. I work at a place where it is 12 hour shifts and I stand and walk a lot so I get foot pain a lot.

A few weeks ago, I bought some cheap shoes called shoes for crews that were supposedly for foot pain and some gel thingies that go in the shoes but it doesn't seem to help at all.

I also lift weights and that includes a lot of squats so I have very muscular legs so idk if that has anything to do with it.

My question is, does anybody know of any shoes that would actually help my foot pain? I'm willing to spend more then 100 dollars if I have to.

Thanks

Do they gotta be shoes cause work boots work extremely well if you are on your feet all day.

i hear that crocs are pretty comfy. toss in a snuggie into the mix and you're ready for some fun while you get shit done.

tumblr_mbt0idnANw1rst7cg.gif

Boots would work too :) What boots are you suggesting?

I never get sore feet so every pair Ive had where good but try a few pairs on should be able to find good ones easy. Kodiaks are the only brand i can think of off the top of my head and are suppose to be good.

I heard Nikes might be good. I used to wear the Walmart brand and added gel soles and that worked.

New Balance 993 are the running shoe that a lot of people consider one of the most comfortable.

Skateboard shoes with Air (like some of the ES or Etnies) are wide and very comfortable for long term.

Doc Martens, Wolverine, and Georgia boot are the 3 most comfortable boots I've had.

I had a similar problem, I had a recurring sharp pain in my left inner heel, working on my feet constantly, walking around all the time. I bought some Ecco shoes with rubber soles, they're very comfortable and the pain never came back. They're pretty expensive, like 200, but worth it. I bought them a little over two years ago and they're still in very good shape.

This is the equivalent to what I bought in 2010:

01.jpg

I switched to an office job a little while ago, I bought a pair of their dress shoes, also very comfortable but under considerably less stress.

When Im working I work anywhere from 8-16 hours a day on my feet. Ive had shoes for crews and honestly most of them suck. For the past 9 years Ive had 2 pairs of Birki Chef clogs. They dont look great but my foot, back and shoulder pain all went away and they last forever. Only reason I had to buy another pair is because I left my shoes in a broiler to dry out from the rain and someone bumped it on and they melted.

Ive gotten about 5-6 people addicted to these shoes, from Chefs to nurses and Doctors. If you go into the store and say you are a Chef or in the Medical industry they will sell them for $100 which is a $30 dollar discount.

The only negative is for the first 2-3 weeks they hurt your feet while they form to them, after that they feel like your just wearing socks.
AA291_a_400.jpg

i bought these wolverine boots about 5 months ago

http://m.academy.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Brown&N=834233313+10001&Ntt=wolverine&Ntk=All

I too have a job that requires me to pretty much stand/walk all day, i paired these up with some dr scholls gel works: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dr.-Scholl-s-Massaging-Gel-Work-Insoles-for-Men/10418641

i have zero pain.

seems like the boots went down $10 in price.

wolverine has a 30 day guarantee, if they don't work for you just take them back.

Did you take out the sole that was inside to put the gel sole or did you just put the gel sole on top of it? sorry if it's a dumb question lol

When Im working I work anywhere from 8-16 hours a day on my feet. Ive had shoes for crews and honestly most of them suck. For the past 9 years Ive had 2 pairs of Birki Chef clogs. They dont look great but my foot, back and shoulder pain all went away and they last forever. Only reason I had to buy another pair is because I left my shoes in a broiler to dry out from the rain and someone bumped it on and they melted.

Ive gotten about 5-6 people addicted to these shoes, from Chefs to nurses and Doctors. If you go into the store and say you are a Chef or in the Medical industry they will sell them for $100 which is a $30 dollar discount.

The only negative is for the first 2-3 weeks they hurt your feet while they form to them, after that they feel like your just wearing socks.
AA291_a_400.jpg

Do those things really work?!?

i put the gel sole on top of the one it came with for extra support.

valid question imo.

Okay thanks! I was asking because I had tried that with the crappy "shoes for crews" shoes and they wouldn't fit because it was too tight from the top :redface:

Stop squatting and switch to leg presses. Better for your back too.

Do those things really work?!?

As horrible as they look, they are the best shoe in any industry where your on your feet for your whole shift. Ive tried 3 different shoes for crews as well as many others. Once I found these there was no looking back.

As horrible as they look, they are the best shoe in any industry where your on your feet for your whole shift. Ive tried 3 different shoes for crews as well as many others. Once I found these there was no looking back.

Well I'm going to have to take a look at them! thanks!

Ah yes, good thread, take care of your feet. Personally I'm fine with them in-soles as others have already mentioned.

Get good insoles.

Shoes is only half of the equation. Most insoles that comes with the shoes are inadequate for extra needs.

Back