Shoes are evil.

Folks who live in countries where cobbled streets are prevalent are believed to be healthier due to - inter alia - the acupressure-like effect of varying resistance and uneven surfaces on the feet. Shame they're more prone to die in pogroms.

Lifting barefoot > shoes.

Also, next time you're in Calgary:
MEC
830 - 10th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, CANADA
T2R 0A9
(403) 269-2420

I'm gonna check these out next week in Van, time permitting

The MEC in Cal seems to keep having them backordered. I was tempted just to order straight from Vibram, but I'm thinking it's really worthwhile to have an exact fit.

Since I started working out at home, I have been going barefoot. I even got my partners to go barefoot because I didn't want there shoes on my mats.
The other day we worked out in the grass and I kept my shoes on, feet where the first to go.
Glad to know is semi-backed by science.

Nice reads!

Bry

The MEC in Cal seems to keep having them backordered. I was tempted just to order straight from Vibram, but I'm thinking it's really worthwhile to have an exact fit.

Ya, I can don't want to be messing with returns and restocking fees and all that.

Even if you go tot he store to get the fit, then order, that might be ok.

Does anyone own and regularly use a pair of Nike free shoes? I'm definitely thinking of getting a pair now

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7ZLB1-Ofyw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7ZLB1-Ofyw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

^How crazy would that be if his injury was caused by him deciding to wear shoes?

Wow. Really interesting stuff.

This passage from the NY Magazine article hits hard: "North Americans have the most advanced shoes in the world, yet 90 percent of us still develop problems? We

^How crazy would that be if his injury was caused by him deciding to wear shoes?

you never know

from the sounds of it he ran a few on the trot so who know what kind of progressive damage that might do

boy, doctors are going to love all the flat footed patients they get

do yourself a favor and see a good podiatrist

Just like with anything in exercise, if you chronically provide an excessive amount of foreign support in body movements you will become dependent on it and it will act as a crutch.

according to guys that are talking about fivefingers the nikef ree isn't all that free. big sole and all that.

Bad reports with the Free also - they wear out in about um... 10 mins.

I try to do my lifts barefoot, but I can't do burpees barefoot--one of my big toes has osteoarthritis. And today for the first time, I boxed with shoes on. Never again if I can help it, my feet hurt lol.

Back