Shocking Video - Team Hurricane Awesome celebrates brutal KO in unsanctioned MISMATCH

George Jetson

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Liz Carmouche's fight gym, Team Hurricane Awesome, has just exposed itself as part of the raunchy underbelly of the regional MMA circuit.

Manolo Hernandez (the coach of Team Hurricane Awesome) was seen celebrating & clapping inside the cage immediately after his fighter -- Ilima MacFarlane -- brutally knocked out a fat woman who literally looked like an untrained housewife in the cage. It was an unsanctioned fight.

Please watch the viral video below:

When his fighter was being announced the winner, Manolo was seen standing behind his fighter celebrating and waving his hands up and down -- trying to get the audience to applaud the disgraceful fight which had just happened.

He was PROUD of his fighter after that performance. He actually thought it was a REAL accomplishment to beat up a poorly trained fat woman.

That's not all.

In an article on MMAfighting.com, Cecil Peoples admits to knowingly being a part of these unsanctioned MISMATCHES and doesn't seem to really care about it. Apparently it's legal cuz it happens on an Indian Reservation and is beyond California authorities.

Read below:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/28/9091777/viral-ko-video-spurs-state-investigation-into-unsanctioned-mma-events

I have lost all respect for Manolo. How can a real fight coach actually encourage his own students to beat up on poorly trained opponents just to satisfy the audience and boost their win/loss records?

What the fuck is happening here?

JBG is not pleased. He wants his blood tribute, but he wants fair fights.

I want a fucken investigation. I want heads on a platter. I want some butts handed to me.

Discuss.

A 0-0 fighter beat a 0-3 by brutal KO. Who gives a fuck. They're FIGHTERS. Don't fight if you don't want to be knocked out.

You seem more upset than the chick who got KTFO.

Also, this is old as fuck.

Honestly, that was pretty sad to watch. That chick had no idea what she was doing. Why was she even in there unless it was some type of under the table paid thing. Either way, no spirit of competition going on here.

It was hard to watch and i didnt like it but shes a grown woman and she obviously wanted to give it a try she did something that takes guts and is braver than me.
Ive trained MMA for 10 years and never fought and my coach runs part of the regional scene here in AZ and has asked me many times and ive always said no lol.
Although it seemed like she was lost in there and never trained a day in her life she should have had a better training camp haha

i never get tired of watching soccer mum face plant. who says heres no clean knockouts in wmma.

A 0-0 fighter beat a 0-3 by brutal KO. Who gives a fuck. They're FIGHTERS. Don't fight if you don't want to be knocked out.

You seem more upset than the chick who got KTFO.

Also, this is old as fuck.

The point of all this is that company is putting on squash matches to pad records. That chick was 0-0 but she had like 4 amatuer fights and actual trains to fight Bloodyelbow is the reason the csac is trying to put a stop to this kind of thing.

The point of all this is that company is putting on squash matches to pad records. That chick was 0-0 but she had like 4 amatuer fights and actual trains to fight Bloodyelbow is the reason the csac is trying to put a stop to this kind of thing.

Know your opponent or get wrecked. Ronda vs Bethe was a squash match, nobody seemed to care.

Who cares. If that woman wants to get beat up to make a couple hundred (if that) so be it. Can't fix stupid.

But yes, some of these underground circuits are shady as fack, and need to be shut down.

Hands down the worst team name in all of MMA

We're ragging teams for celebrating their fighters wins now?

Know your opponent or get wrecked. Ronda vs Bethe was a squash match, nobody seemed to care.
Screenshot_from_2015-08-28_13_35_53.0.png
how does that match compare to xfs putting bums off the street against trained fighters? People like Tony lopez vs a debuting fighter...it isn't about knowing your opponent they are people lives in danger to pad team hurricanes awesome and reign mmas records.
Screenshot_from_2015-08-28_13_47_02.0.png
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/2...-xplode-fight-series-matchmaking-mma-analysis

We're ragging teams for celebrating their fighters wins now?

Yes when they are people bums off the street and housewives with no training in unsanctioned mma fights to get slaughtered

old.

also, 0-0 squashing a can isn't a foreign concept.

Another example of a sad truth about mma. I always laugh at delusional fans who like to pretend that the honor and respect inherent in martial arts teachings extends to MMA. In reality, mma has a lot more of the kobra kai bullying mentality than Mr Miyagi.

Screenshot_from_2015-08-28_13_35_53.0.png
how does that match compare to xfs putting bums off the street against trained fighters? People like Tony lopez vs a debuting fighter...it isn't about knowing your opponent they are people lives in danger to pad team hurricanes awesome and reign mmas records.
Screenshot_from_2015-08-28_13_47_02.0.png
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/2...-xplode-fight-series-matchmaking-mma-analysis

I don't support it but these people are choosing to fight. People should boycott their events and shame their fighters, camps, associates, etc. but it's not going to stop if people still accept fights against them.

If those camps and fighters don't have a problem with beating up bums to pad their records, then they're trash. But what about the bums who choose to fight them? They're at fault as well.

I used to see this happen just about every single weekend. Usually in amateur fights though. There are some great mma gyms in new mexico, colorado, and arizona. ITs great when you see amateur fighters from those big gyms go against each other. You can see some future beasts in there.

But more often than not when you hear the announcer say the fighter is an "independent" fighter, and they are fighting someone from a big name gym, the independent fighter is about to get their ass kicked.

Too many tough guys and girls with no training thinking they should try out this mma thing. New mexico now makes your coach certify that you have at least a few months training before you are sanctioned to fight

I don't support it but these people are choosing to fight. People should boycott their events and shame their fighters, camps, associates, etc. but it's not going to stop if people still accept fights against them.

If those camps and fighters don't have a problem with beating up bums to pad their records, then they're trash. But what about the bums who choose to fight them? They're at fault as well.
the problem is it's disgusting across the board that xfs is even putting these shows on. Everyone is at fault but even more so are the promoters which in turn are affiliated with reign mma and hurricane awesome.. God damn hurricane awesome is a fucking stupid name.

Back