Economy SHOCKING - Million Dollar Profits Being Made Off Migrant Detention Centers

Without there being a system which allows for the profit, there can't be people profiting.

That just simply isn't true. People are always going to attempt to profit off of things. The "system" isn't creating these things just so people can then make a profit.

Actually, behind all bad things in life stand people who are willing to profit off of them. You have the process confused.
Which creates a demand, which creates an incentive for certain social problems to be engineered or at least kept alive. It's both.

Which creates a demand, which creates an incentive for certain social problems to be engineered or at least kept alive. It's both.

I just don't agree with that.

For being excited my country is making millions off of people who tried to game our system? I would take it one step further, we should be putting them to work. Construction, cleaning etc. Right now they essentially just get to lounge all day.

<LikeReally5>

That just simply isn't true. People are always going to attempt to profit off of things. The "system" isn't creating these things just so people can then make a profit.
You can't just do absolutely any activity and make a profit off it. There has to first be an incentive, then come the people that are willing to make the profit. Is there a way to make money selling dog skins? Is there a way to make money with a baby extermination service? No because these activities have no profit incentive. If there was no way to make money off of detaining migrants, then it wouldn't be happening.

You can't just choose any activity under the sun and say there's a way to make money off it. That's just obviously not true.

You can't just do absolutely any activity and make a profit off it. There has to first be an incentive, then come the people that are willing to make the profit. Is there a way to make money selling dog skins? Is there a way to make money with a baby extermination service? No because these activities have no profit incentive. If there was no way to make money off of detaining migrants, then it wouldn't be happening.

You can't just choose any activity under the sun and say there's a way to make money off it. That's just obviously not true.

There is exactly one "for profit" housing center in the entire country, and it's in Homestead, Florida. It's been open for 8 months. The reason for that is because we don't have enough facilities to house all of the people we're catching illegally crossing the border. The Southern Border has been an issue for decades. We didn't spend decades encouraging people to cross the border illegally just so a single company could open a single facility to make money for 8 months. That's my point. Are these people profiteering? Of course they are. But is the problem being created so they can profiteer? Not in the slightest.

How conservatives look at into our world and see all of the problems going on, and think the blame goes to government, is beyond me
Sure, just blaming the government is poor form... but given your username, I'm sure you understand that they are partially to blame.

Sure, just blaming the government is poor form... but given your username, I'm sure you understand that they are partially to blame.
Of course.. especially when governments become bought off by Corporations and become vassals for their agenda. The 20th century was a horror story of governments killing tens of millions of people. But that's not really the issue we face anymore.

Back