Rumored Shlemenko to the UFC

manboy<3

Pathetic hater,MEGA shill
Banned
Reaction score
He is in contract negotiations with them

Bellator are morons lol

would be a good signing for the ufc. Altho in the twilight of his career Storm is still a legit competitor who is fun to watch.

His submission win over David Branch last december proves he still has something left in the tank.

Seems like a dumb move for the UFC. Why bring in a guy who couldn't hack it anymore in Bellator?

Good for Shlemenko. Hope he gets paid, and brings the violence.

Always down to watch Schlemenko fight, and good for him, but this would have been way more exciting a few years ago.

I would have loved to see a 28 year old Schlemenko fight in the Octagon.

Seems like a dumb move for the UFC. Why bring in a guy who couldn't hack it anymore in Bellator?

The old pro wrestling strategy: Bring him in to gain a little more interest then job him out to UFC fighters and send him packing so that the UFC can maintain the perception that they always have the best fighters. Pretty much the same thing they did with Askren.

Good for Shlemenko. Hope he gets paid, and brings the violence.

He did beat Branch in his last fight, he's had good runs and bad runs throughout his career, I do think he's probably past his best, but he could go on a good run in the UFC.

he still packs enough of a punch to make things interesting

The old pro wrestling strategy: Bring him in to gain a little more interest then job him out to UFC fighters and send him packing so that the UFC can maintain the perception that they always have the best fighters. Pretty much the same thing they did with Askren.
What on earth are you talking about? Askren came to the UFC undefeated, and was favoured to win all three of his fights.

I want to see the rematch of the year:

Storm vs USADA II

MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!

They might need him for the next event in Russia

Shlemenko says that he is negotiating with UFC for months. I've seen opinion from Russian fans that it's his negotiating tactic -- "oh, I'm in talks with UFC, hey RCC/other Russian promotion, offer me some nice money or I'm leaving". There were article not so long ago with interviews with managers of Russian mma fighters and I'm too lazy to look it up but I think it was Sayat, manager of Petr Yan, Ismagulov who said that he doubts that Shlemenko will sign with UFC because Shlemenko getting paid some good money in Russia so he is not gonna agree to fight for minimal/average UFC wage.

Last edited:
Shit, bellator brings in old ufc fighters. Let ufc bring in more old bellator fighters.

Shlemenko says that he is negotiating with UFC for months. I've seen opinion from Russian fans that it's his negotiating tactic -- "oh, I'm in talks with UFC, hey RCC/other Russian promotion, offer me some nice money or I'm leaving". There were article not so long ago with interviews with managers of Russian mma fighters and I'm too lazy to look it up but I think it was Sayat, manager of Petr Yan, Ismagulov who said that he doubts that Shlemenko will sign with UFC because Shlemenko getting paid some good money in Russia so he is not gonna agree to fight for minimal/average UFC wage.

I'm sure he's negotiating with everyone he can to get the best contract, he would be stupid otherwise.

Well, he beat Mousasi to a pulp not too long ago, I'm sure he can cut it in the UFC.

What on earth are you talking about? Askren came to the UFC undefeated, and was favoured to win all three of his fights.

Askren came in fresh out of retirement and was thrown to the wolves. The UFC wanted nothing to do with him in his prime years. They knew what they were dealing with more than the fans did.

Can't be arsed, he's over the hill. Prime Shlemenko might have been interesting but dude never could wrestle. Brandon bloody Halsey schooled him. If they make him fight at 170lbs against guys like Lawler, that could be fun.

Askren came in fresh out of retirement and was thrown to the wolves. The UFC wanted nothing to do with him in his prime years. They knew what they were dealing with more than the fans did.
Ben Askren was an undefeated ONE and Bellator Champion. Who did you want him to fight? Niko Price or something?

Back