Shirataki noodles are the devil's food

I ate two packages of it once. The next morning when I defecated I was fairly certain I had Ascariasis.

So do you puke or poop this stuff out? I'm confused. You puked but it sounds like they should just make you poo.

I think I tried these 5-6+ years ago and they smelled/tasted fishy? Or at least thats what i remember? Or perhaps it was the brine they were stored in?

Zoodles are pretty good but kind of a pain!! however & unfortunately I've found nothing that replicates the deliciousness of a real noodle! Sucks....pasta is the bane of my existence!

This is relevant to my interests. Low-carb brings the cutz.

But I'm guessing you'll run into problems if you eat this stuff in the same quantities as regular pasta. Mixing it with other stuff is probably your best bet.

0 calories they said...
0 carbs they said...
High in fiber they said...

What they didn't say - if you eat a package, you will empty the contents of your stomach in the gym parking lot.

For those that have never heard of the noodles, they are a yam based noodle that is basically made up of insoluble fiber.

After reading rave reviews, I decided to give it a try as a pseudo ramen noodle substitute.

Pros: It actually tasted pretty good. It is a bit chewier than regular noodles, but if I didn't know what it was, I would just assume it was slightly under cooked rice noodles.

Cons: It cannot be digested (hence the 0 calorie part). When I threw up, the noodle had not been broken down at all. It now feels like I have swallowed a basketball, and I can barely move.

With that being said, I will definitely eat it again. My mistake was that I ate the entire package at once (600 grams worth), so I think it was just too much fiber for my system to handle in a single meal.

For low carb fiends or people trying to reduce calories, it is certainly an interesting alternative to pasta. It can be purchased at most Asian and health food stores. Pretty cheap as well - I paid $1.99 for each package.

Just thought I would share my misfortune.

i will get the wife to pick up some

in the meantime you should try my Midnight Raisin Bacon sandwich

How about sugar free candy? Doesn't taste bad, zero carbs, maybe you pig out on it a little....then that first twinge in your stomach and see in microscopic print "excessive consumption may cause a laxative effect" fun times soon after that

There is no reason for anyone ever to buy laxatives. Eat a bag of sugar free gummy bears and you will be the top ass blaster in no time.

Your devil reference holds weight.

The yams used to make them are referred to as devils tongue yams.

Back