Shinya Aoki vs James Nakashima in ONE

If you think Fitch was anything close to "terrible" then cool, I strongly disagree

What I see is that Nakashima is composed wherever the fight take place. Plus have the endurance and the grit.

He is not spectacular but extremely effective. He has taken on 4 of the very best WWs in ONE and barely lost a minut except for a low probability knee strike by Abbasov.

Other than being flashy, I think his game is at a pretty high level every where... and I expect him to beat up Aoki pretty badly, or are you picking Shinya in this one?
In what universe did I say Fitch is terrible? Re-read my post, then your post, then reflect.

I agree with you that Nakashima is very composed with significant endurance and grit. He probably should be around -200 here.

The reality is Aoki has looked fantastic since losing to Askren.

In what universe did I say Fitch is terrible? Re-read my post, then your post, then reflect.

I agree with you that Nakashima is very composed with significant endurance and grit. He probably should be around -200 here.

The reality is Aoki has looked fantastic since losing to Askren.

I mean, your original post was that Nakashima looked "terrible" in ONE and then that he was a "worse version of Fitch", hence my reply.

I agree Aoki looked very good since losing to Askren but at the same time I would have picked Nako to dominate every opponent Aoki beat since then and also give Askren a much, much tougher test

I mean, your original post was that Nakashima looked "terrible" in ONE and then that he was a "worse version of Fitch", hence my reply.

I agree Aoki looked very good since losing to Askren but at the same time I would have picked Nako to dominate every opponent Aoki beat since then and also give Askren a much, much tougher test
To be fair though, Aoki completely dominated Christian Lee in the first round and nearly finished him with an armbar. Lee's escape was a miracle. You can't suggest Nako would "run through" Lee.

It's virtually impossible for anyone to look worse against Askren than Aoki did.

Really? He doesn't particularly excel at anything other than grit. His striking is subpar. He's not much of a submission guy. His offensive wrestling is very underwhelming for a supposed wrestler.

He's a worse version of Fitch.
Yep pure wrestling

Yep pure wrestling

He got the better of Okami and Abbasov until the knee strike in the feet. Held his own standing with very dangerous strikers as Santos or Magomedaliev. Trains with Giorgio Petrosyan and shows pretty composed southpaw stance in the feet

No, it's not pure wrestling, it's a very well put toguether mma game. I agree he is pretty boring, but let's give credit where it's due

Hopefully since it was one round, TNT can show it in entirety on the TV.

Too bad Aoki spent 97% of his career fighting in Japan wasting his talent on shit competition.

Back