SHINYA AOKI | MMA Highlights 2015 [HELLO JAPAN]

More money than being a mid tier ufc guy.

Actually, more money than top guys. Jim Miller, for example, got 46 000 to fight Cerrone. That's a guy with a gazillion wins in ufc, who was main event several times.

Why would anybody sign to ufc when already gets more than that?

For fringe top ten fighters liek Jim Miller or something, beating guys like Kitaoka or Shalrous are nothing but stay busy fights at best but for a guy who some people still say is the best LW ever are victories to hang your hat on over the past five years.

That was actually considered a good win for Miller. Shalorus was practically written off by fans as another can when the Aoki fight happened, weird.

I get that you like BJJ but Aoki's the wrong guy to be hanging that hat on.

Honest question - did you bother looking up where Beeberhohm, Clemti and Shalorus were ranked at the time Aoki fought them? If you did, then I assume your omission of their rank means that they were ranked even lower than Aurelio (44th). My point isn't that those guys aren't solid fighters, in and of themselves, it's that they're not solid fighters for a guy like Aoki to be fighting in the first place. Remember, at one point Aoki was actually the #2 ranked lightweight in the world on Sherdog and I guarantee that there was some overlap with that ranking and the fights we've referenced here. If your high-water mark is basically beating Antonio McKee, you probably don't deserve to have a thread dedicated to you on Sherdog. Aoki does and always has, and something about that troubles me.

What about all the unranked fighters he's fought since that time? It would take too much work to list those fighters and do the research required to find their ranking, wouldn't it?

Or, people can make threads about whoever the fuck they want, lol

Actually, more money than top guys. Jim Miller, for example, got 46 000 to fight Cerrone. That's a guy with a gazillion wins in ufc, who was main event several times.

Why would anybody sign to ufc when already gets more than that?

Nate Diaz just made 16k in his last fight. :icon_lol:

That was actually considered a good win for Miller. Shalorus was practically written off by fans as another can when the Aoki fight happened, weird.

The difference: Miller fought him in the UFC, therefore, he's not a can.

MMA fan logic.

Well, yeah, as fight fans we can totally blame him for taking the money over fighting good competition.

a good organisation would pay him what he's worth and wouldnt restrict his free agency with sponsorship.... Oh wait am I talking about the UFC??? yes I am.

Back