Shinya Aoki lands twister submission, then flips opponent off in IGF NYE event

IGF is pro wrestling.... Aoki was generating heat for the wrestling fans. you really think that fujita thing was real too?

lol

What am I not seeing here?

He gets the finish. Goes and pats the opponents chest. Goes to the opponents corner and has what seems like ok words. Then walks around in circles swirling his index fingers in the air.

I see no middle fingers anywhere. The worst thing he does is seemingly ignores his opponent after his last contact with him.

Seriously, I've watched this 5 times now for the bird, and have trouble seeing even anger or mean-muggery.

hqdefault.jpg

Thug life

What am I not seeing here?

He gets the finish. Goes and pats the opponents chest. Goes to the opponents corner and has what seems like ok words. Then walks around in circles swirling his index fingers in the air.

I see no middle fingers anywhere. The worst thing he does is seemingly ignores his opponent after his last contact with him.

Seriously, I've watched this 5 times now for the bird, and have trouble seeing even anger or mean-muggery.

As he was going backstage, he was throwing up middle fingers. Supposedly he said something along the style of "you don't belong in the ring with me", from what a native japanese friend told me.

In the end, it doesn't even matter. Aoki is the best lightweight mma submission grappler. Only person close would be Held, at or around his weight.

makes me wonder if this guy did something to him? Or maybe he felt this guy wasnt good enough to fight him? shrugs.

I love Aoki but til this day I find his match against Jienotsu hilarious.

[YT]WcGjmRXA0xc[/YT]

Great work by Nagashima, Aoki always seems surprised when he gets hit in an MMA match like he forgot that can happen.

Japanese refs seem to have a real big blind spot for fouls and rule breaking by Aoki as well. Such as his delay tactics agains Nagashima and elbowing the spine to David "Hello Japan" Gardner.

Last edited:
As he was going backstage, he was throwing up middle fingers. Supposedly he said something along the style of "you don't belong in the ring with me", from what a native japanese friend told me.

In the end, it doesn't even matter. Aoki is the best lightweight mma submission grappler. Only person close would be Held, at or around his weight.

That may be true to a certain extent, but it means less and less each time he fights a scrub.

I'm fucking blind I couldn't see the flip .

Back