Shinashi Satoko in UFC or Invicta

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by chamcham, Aug 2, 2015.

1. chamcham

chamcham Green Belt

How competitive would Shinashi Satoko be if she fought in:

A) Invicta FC Atomweight (95-105 lbs)
    B) UFC (115 lbs)

Yes. I know she makes 99 lbs with almost no weight cutting.

She is likely past her prime.
    But, looking at her Road FC 24 fight, she still has a lot of fight left in her.

2. Fork

Fork Don't call it a comeback...

i think ROAD is a pretty good place for her.

like you say, she's past her prime to the point where i don't think she would be able to compete too well in invicta (don't know much about their atomweight division though) or certainly not the UFC's 115 division.

but she obviously still has the desire and ability to compete to a degree, and the opposition she will find in ROAD will probably be hungry, motivated young fighters in a quickly developing mma community who will give her a decent fight. it's hard to say how much competition she'll get in ROAD, but her last opponent did a great job and made shinashi work for the win, so i think the competition is there.

3. Asurah

Asurah |⁰⊖⁰)

I love Shinashi but I don't think she would fare well against the top 5 at Atomweight and think she would struggle with quite a few fighters outside of it at this point in her career. Strawweight she would get demolished on size difference alone.

Hope she gets the Ga Yeon fight she wants in ROAD and then maybe challenge some of DEEP JEWEL's Atomweights.