Shin pad fit...

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by MattyB4x4, Apr 8, 2008.

1. MattyB4x4

MattyB4x4 White Belt

I am about to order some new combat sports shit pads...decided they were the best.

Question is, I have worn both the L and XL. I weigh about 190. The L is a pain in the ass to put on and take off, but once it is there, I like the fit better than the XL. The XL didn't really slide around on my leg or anything, I just like the more snug fit of the L.

I may have answered my question, but is the fit of the large pads worth the PITA of putting them on every time?

2. Timbaland

Timbaland Black Belt

Are you talking about the MMA/grappling shin pads? If so they're supposed to be tight.

3. MattyB4x4

MattyB4x4 White Belt

Ya, i guess grappling. Right now I am strictly muay thai due to work and just having no time.

i guess i'll go with the large. I kinda answered my own question...thanks for the input

4. mjfgf

mjfgf Yellow Belt

The snug fit is good, That way they won't move while you are grappling......besides, over time they may get easier to put on.

5. mjfgf

mjfgf Yellow Belt

The snug fit is good, That way they won't move while you are grappling......besides, over time they may get easier to put on.

6. mjfgf

mjfgf Yellow Belt

7. mjfgf

mjfgf Yellow Belt

sorry about the triple post, the post wasn't showing up when I sent it, so I tried sending it a couple of times...oops

8. erndog

erndog White Belt

hmm i tried em on and while they were nice and snug and feel great theyr a pain in the ass to put on and off, and in my gym we dont have time to be takin em off and on lol, our coach gets on our ass with a quickness...so i went with a traditional strap..just something to take into consideration if ur strictly MT.

9. vu

vu Purple Belt

Have you considered these...

http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=23906

It's like the best of both worlds...traditional style strap, so it's not too constricting and easier to get on/take off, but with snugness of the neoprene from the "grappling style" shin guards....