Shin bone question.

NeoOsiris

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was running my fingers up and down my shin bone, and noticed. wtf, its all bumpy. i thought it was supposed to be straight and flat. is this bad?

Depends on how "bumpy" it is. It would be perfectly normal if you run your hands down and it has some moderate bumps every now and then. It would not be normal if these bumps are visible or there's too many. Ask you doctor next time you get a check up.

Yeah, I am setting a doctors appointment for the end of this week hopefully. I am guessing they are just shin splints.

They are just bone spurs on the front of your tibia, and it is fine. Why would you worry about it unless it hurts you? I'm not a doctor, but I would not be very concerned, I have them as well.

You are aware of the fact that you actualy cannot finger your shin bone, aren't you? What you feel is the skin and the tissue over your bone, the surface of the bone itself is usualy pretty even and flat, the bumps you feel are in the tissue, old bruises, uneven scar tissue etc.

i have it too and alot of it.......usually happens when i strengthen my shins....ill hit hard random things and then after the bruise is healed...the bone will have a somewhat of a notch and its really hard...almost feels like a callus or something grown on top of my shin. its definitely not shin splints

haha yeah, i was just suprised. i bumped my shin and grabbed it and then i noticed, wtf so many bumps. k well its good to know its not some condition lol, and no it doesnt hurt, unless ive dont something to stress it like bumping it against something.

i think its just a natural thing from kicking lots of stuff at training, i got em too on both legs

I have these too. I m wondering whether they are good for me or not. One thing though they do not seem to be scars or whatever tissues but do feel as solid as bone.

NeoOsiris said:
Yeah, I am setting a doctors appointment for the end of this week hopefully. I am guessing they are just shin splints.

I would hope for nothing. Shin spints are not fun.

Back