Shields vs Palheres better matchup than Hendricks-Brown

I've been looking forward to this matchup for a long time. I think Shields takes it. Brown and Hendricks will be a good scrap for sure though.

Shield vs Palhares could be really awesome or they could cancel each other out.
Lima vs Daley will be sick.

Shields/Palhares is awesome grappling

Lima/daley is awesome striking

Bellator title means more but Shields/Palhares probably bigger names.

Both are pretty dam fun fights.

It will be fun seeing phallafarous destroy shields with ease.. Worse than lombard did

Shields won't be submitted as fast, but will eventually.

I hope Palhares shocks us all and displays his stand up. even Maia was outstriking sheilds

No, no it's not. I like Lima as well as either Shields or Palhares, dude gets major disrespect.. Look at what he has done over the last 3-4 years. I also think Koreshkov is criminally underrated. Shields v Palhares is good, but it would be the second fight in on a UFC ppv, or a co-main on a Fox card.

Would love Palhares to win but I suspect Shields out-lasts him, Palhares tires, then Jake wrestles him to a decision.

Free money on Shields. I think he has that Alan Belcher submission defense at least.

Why that particular fight?

Brown is easily the most exciting fighter out of the four to me but for sure Shields/Palhares is great. That is if Jake just doesn't "neutralize"him.

I agree, they are all highly ranked guys for the most part.

Hendricks/Brown I could see fight 100 times and Hendricks wins 99 of them. With Palhares and Shields its a unique ground matchup and I think Shields wins 60 out of 100; so to me it is the better matchup.

Palhares would lose to both Brown and Hendricks.

Strongly disagreed. At least as far as Brown goes. Brown's been subbed by way way way worse grapplers. Has he gotten better since then? No doubt but he hasn't exactly been fighting decent sub guys except Mike Pyle and Erick Silva, neither of who are even in the same galaxy as far as submissions go.

Shields-Palhares is the more interesting fight for me but Hendricks-Brown will be a more entertaining fight for sure.

Shields is easily the best grappler Tree Stump will have ever fought in a cage I doubt he will be able to do much other then get dominated

Back