Shields vs Palheres better matchup than Hendricks-Brown

Palhares would lose to both Brown and Hendricks.

Shields might beat Brown but a fight against Hendricks would look a lot like the Lombard fight.

It's about as good of a fight as you can get outside of the UFC though.

Last edited:
Paul Harris is gonna take Shields leg back to Brazil with him.

do you mind being more specific? people use the word "better" with absolutely no elaboration on what they mean.

Better as in.. more dynamic grappling scrambles? Because that would make sense.

If you mean better, as in, a standup war that ends in a crazy KO... Brown v Hendricks is more likely to be better.

But since you used this vague- word with no effort into describing what you mean, your opinion is basically worthless.

MoMurdah is a better/gooder/greater/awesomer/superer poster than OP.

agree?

Um.... Palhares subbed Fitch in no time at all a couple weeks ago.

Haha, I meant Hendricks.

Then I wrote Fitch instead of Shields on the next line too. Two epic fails in a row.

No but its a good fight.

What do you think is best non UFC WW fight?

Lima vs Daley or Koreshkov or Shields/Palhares?

If you're a huge grappling nerd I suppose.

For MMA, Hendricks-Brown is a better fight. They are more well-rounded guys, both of whom have provided a fair amount of action in their careers. Can't say the same about Shields at least.

And Palhares' caliber-wise is still quite untested at this weight. I think anybody touches his chin a few times before they get leg locked and he's going down. Historically he's been the type who needs to be the bully, and as soon as you start bullying back he relents quite quickly.

As for Shields' level, he has an incredible list of wins on his resume, and is a solid "fighter", but he's enjoyed quite the decision fortune in recent years.

No but its a good fight.

What do you think is best non UFC WW fight?

Lima vs Daley or Koreshkov or Shields/Palhares?
Shield vs Palhares could be really awesome or they could cancel each other out.
Lima vs Daley will be sick.

Both fights are kinda gnarly in their own ways but much more interested how Jake/Rousimar, elite grapplers decide how they go about beating the other. Remember how Barnett vs Mir was going to be a ground war??

Eh, bringing up old shit. Toquino vs Jake I gotta watch.

I'd say more intriguing. With Hendricks and Brown, you know Johnny will go for one take down after another. Shields is very crafty and Palhares offers scary leg lock attempts, so it should really be interesting.

I'm an MMA fan, I love both, I'll be watching both.

Palheres is one of the most entertaining fighters in the world. I'm wondering why he's not fighting at middleweight, no one outside the UFC can beat him. And if he submits Shields he might find himself back in the UFC. I don't care where he fights as long as it's on tv and often.

Back