Shevchenko Welcomes Nunes To Try To Become Champ Champ Champ At 125 Lbs With "If She Dies She Dies"

Who wins if Amanda fights for the 125 lbs championship?

• Total voters
Yawn. Will Valentina actually throw some punches this time or again stare for 25 minutes and do nothing?

giphy.gif

Ducking the rematch after landing a fluke ko, seen this before.

Fluke KO?

Would be hilarious. Val cuts down cuz she's 0-2 against Amanda and desperate for a belt

Then Amanda drops down and takes it from her

Is that really what you think? You don't think maybe that Valentina was very small for 135 and when 125 opened up, she moved to a more suitable weight?

She is a small 135er and was barely beat by the much larger 135 pound champ who is more masculine than half the dudes on sherdog by a long shot.

I would say all the fighters are desperate for a belt, lol. What a dumb thing to say. It is kind of the goal of every fighter, smh.

Amanda vs Holly followed by Rose vs Andrade are the only title fights that HAVE to happen next. Worry about everything else in the near future. Plus Nunes already beat her twice.

But I’m sick of two champs and only one belt on the line. Vacate if you really want to challenge at a different weight. Give up something in order to try to gain something else. That takes real cajones.

The legitimacy of his second belt can be decided by the fans.

But i'm talking more about earning the title shot.

TJ has only defended his belt once and is already fighting for a title in another weight class while there are still a bunch of guys at 135. Not to mention he's already looking for another title at 145.

Same with Nunes who just won the 145 pound title and is already looking at 125.

This whole thing is ridiculous to me.

In an ideal world, a champ should have a few title defenses, then fight the top contender in the weight class they want to earn another title before fighting the champ. But at the very least, fighters should have a couple of defenses in their own weight class before campaiging for another belt.

This is all true. If you look at how the ufc has treated their belts and ranking systems with regards to who fights who and pulling interim titles out of their ass every other week, it is clear that you respect the belt and the title of champion far more than they do.

The pink goof has allowed it to become a joke really. Next we will see Tyron vs Usman interrupted by Colby storming the cage at the end, only to set up the hype for a ladder match for the undisputed title, live on ppv.

Whatever it takes to avoid a second fight with Cyborg.

I would hazard a guess that Nunes will stall as long as possible with the 145 belt in hopes that the ufc will just get rid of the division. Best way to give up a belt without looking bad.

Not being a dick. Just stating that she has demonstrated in the past that she is not stupid and goes out of her way to make sure every situation is advantageous to her. I am only making a prediction, I could be wrong.

Is that really what you think? You don't think maybe that Valentina was very small for 135 and when 125 opened up, she moved to a more suitable weight?

She is a small 135er and was barely beat by the much larger 135 pound champ who is more masculine than half the dudes on sherdog by a long shot.

I would say all the fighters are desperate for a belt, lol. What a dumb thing to say. It is kind of the goal of every fighter, smh.

Thats not what i think, thats what actually happened. She went 0-2 against Nunes and then cut down to 125

She could of joined the house for TUF 26 and fought for the first flyweight title, but she didnt. She waited till after she lost to Nunes again to cut down

And their first fight wasnt close, Nunes dominated for 2 rounds before gassing out. 2 judges gave her a 10-8 round the first fight

smh at Nunes if she thinks she’s going to get paid big for a third squash match with Val.

Amanda by controversial dec again. Also she better be working with TJ trainer then or 125 will never be possible.
<{1-15}>

Let's not have this happen

Nunes already beat Valentina twice and they were both pretty boring fights.

What a joke this champ champ era has become lol it's cool to speculate who would win between TJ / Cejudo & TJ / Holloway and all, but I'd rather have champs defend against the rightful contenders
"beat"

Pretty sure N̶u̶n̶e̶s̶ Nina is just trolling...
d427107e79761c6bd4fccb5bc6f9ce66.jpg

I would hazard a guess that Nunes will stall as long as possible with the 145 belt in hopes that the ufc will just get rid of the division. Best way to give up a belt without looking bad.

Not being a dick. Just stating that she has demonstrated in the past that she is not stupid and goes out of her way to make sure every situation is advantageous to her. I am only making a prediction, I could be wrong.
I think you're probably right. She already said 145 wasn't any kind of priority for her. Interesting to see what happens if UFC decides to keep the division and gives her a choice of defending or vacating.

Nunes shouldn't go down, she just went up in weight.

Thats not what i think, thats what actually happened. She went 0-2 against Nunes and then cut down to 125

She could of joined the house for TUF 26 and fought for the first flyweight title, but she didnt. She waited till after she lost to Nunes again to cut down

And their first fight wasnt close, Nunes dominated for 2 rounds before gassing out. 2 judges gave her a 10-8 round the first fight

Nunes was barely alive in the 3rd round of their first fight and had it been a 5 rounder she probably would have lost. The second fight was very close.

Of course she is going to take her opportunity to fight for that belt before moving down, saying that it is a desperation move is just silly. You don't think that Valentina is more suited for 125? I think bluntforce420 is a perfect name, you sound like a pothead.

Back