Shevchenko Welcomes Nunes To Try To Become Champ Champ Champ At 125 Lbs With "If She Dies She Dies"

Who wins if Amanda fights for the 125 lbs championship?

• Total voters
Valentina would go 2-1 if Nunes drops down.
I want to see it.

I'm sick of this "champ-champ" stuff.

Defend or vacate motherfuckers

Let's not have this happen

Nunes already beat Valentina twice and they were both pretty boring fights.

What a joke this champ champ era has become lol it's cool to speculate who would win between TJ / Cejudo & TJ / Holloway and all, but I'd rather have champs defend against the rightful contenders

Last edited by a moderator:
Shevchenko is such a defensive fighter. She's great but all she does is look to counter. If she had been more aggressive, I think she would have won their last fight.

Shevchenko 48-47 if they fought at 125.

LOL at if she dies she dies. More like "If she comes down I'll points fight the hell out of her again"

giphy.gif

Ducking the rematch after landing a fluke ko, seen this before.

Champ vs champ fights should be banned.

Isn't it ridiculous that Dana didn't want no womens' division but got on board probably because it made him money, then he made enough women's divisions enough where same champions literally could fight in all the existing weight divisions, or most of it, but then the competition is so shallow that they could become a champion in them regardless, but they can call themselves a champion in different divisions, and thus champ champ or even champ champ champ?

I'm sick of this "champ-champ" stuff.

Defend or vacate motherfuckers
Yeah I was calling for it and made a thread about it 2 weeks back but yeah the whole point of having champ champs was its a superfight. 2 dominate champions that cleaned their division. Only 2 have happened in history, GSP/BJ and DC/Stipe. The rest have been clouded.

lol no one wants to see this.

Defending her belt against Veira probably won't set the world abuzz either, but it's the match to make right now in that division and hopefully soon Nunes will have a more interesting matchup present itself with the winner of Holly-Ladd.

Nunes is already 2-0 against her, can't blame her for wanting a 3rd for a 3rd belt

Yeah I was calling for it and made a thread about it 2 weeks back but yeah the whole point of having champ champs was its a superfight. 2 dominate champions that cleaned their division. Only 2 have happened in history, GSP/BJ and DC/Stipe. The rest have been clouded.
The last champ-champ fight I was willing to accept was Bisping vs GSP. Yes, Yoel did get fucked but GSP was on an undefeated 12 fight winning streak and defended like 9 times so it's not like he hasn't earned it when you look at how dominant he already was at WW.

But since then, this whole champ-champ situation seems to be spinning out of control.

Cejudo calling for the 135 pound belt after winning a split decision against DJ. TJ going down for the belt in a division that will disappear and already looking for the 145 title. Now Nunes looking at a 3rd belt. None of these guys have any intentions of defending.

I honestly think Amanda could make 125, obviously she made 135 and at 145 she looked BIG.

Interesting fight.

Haha easiest 3rd belt in MMA for Nunes here IMO. Come on Valentina...Who dies exactly? Yeah...that's what I thought.

The last champ-champ fight I was willing to accept was Bisping vs GSP. Yes, Yoel did get fucked but GSP was on an undefeated 12 fight winning streak so it's not like he hasn't earned it when you look at how dominant he already was at WW.

But since then, this whole champ-champ situation seems to be spinning out of control.

Cejudo calling for the 135 pound belt after winning a split decision against DJ. TJ going down for the belt in a division that will disappear and already looking for the 145 title. Now Nunes looking at a 3rd belt. None of these guys have any intentions of defending.
I disagree as Bisping didn't clean out the division and Gsp stepped Whittaker who did. Well almost did, still got a couple left. Gsp properly cleaned out WW years back twice! Bj was unstoppable and that was the first true superfight. Eddie was 3-1 with 2 splits decisions, hardly cleaned out the division when Conor won. Now if Conor fought Khabib or Tony for the belt while he still had the FW strap then that would be a superfight. Amanda beat Cyborg who is like the only fighter there. DJ and TJ would have been one too but DJ left. Stipe had the most title defences consecutively and DC was undefeated at HW and cleaned out LHW except for Juice Jones so again thats a proper superfight.

I don’t give a fuck about contenders. I want violence

Amazing that nobody seems to have figured out that Nunes wasn’t being serious.

If it happened like....in the summer, I'd be cool with it.
Let Cyborg and Megan fight to see who gets the next shot at the 145 belt. lol and what is even going on at 135???? It seems like a ghost town there. Whoever is there in line next can wait till after summer.
I normally wouldn't like this, but the chick divisions are so fucking thin that I don't see it mattering much.

But if we're going to be doing this champ-champ shit then there needs to be a clause in the contracts that you MUST defend the belt within a certain time, or vacate. Nunes' comments on the 145 situation are ridiculous. Defend or vacate.

Back