1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

News Shevchenko wants trilogy with Nunes in a big scenario with fans

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Geniusss, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Geniusss Green Belt

“Bullet” has no potential date in mind for when she’d like to fight Nunes, but she knows one thing: She’d like fans in the building for such big fight against Nunes, who many consider the greatest of all time in women’s MMA.

"I think if this fight goes down in the future, I would definitely like to have the fans around me and the public back and not in an empty arena.”

[​IMG]

The UFC women’s flyweight titleholder is interested in a trilogy bout with two-division champ Amanda Nunes some time in the future. Shevchenko (19-3 MMA, 8-2 UFC), who defends her 125-pound title on Nov. 21 at UFC 255, is in no way underestimating her next opponent, Jennifer Maia, but thinks a trilogy bout with Nunes just makes sense.

“I think it would be logical,” Shevchenko said in Spanish on Monday’s episode of Hablemos MMA. “She’s been going through her opponents very easily, and I think that for the future, it would be logical to have a third fight because the second fight … I didn’t lose it. I won it.

Their second encounter ended in a split decision, and many thought Shevchenko did enough to get the nod from the judges. Shevchenko thinks she won the fight and is confident a third time would be different.

“This fight right now, as champion vs. champion, I think the judges will have a different outlook towards the fight,” Shevchenko said. “Three years ago in 2017 when we had our fight, they thought that just that one thing gave her the victory, and that was the takedown she got in the fifth round. She didn’t even start it – it was me who initiated. But since it was the final round, we were both slippery. She’s heavier, so I ended on bottom when I was supposed to land on top.

“That’s the only thing that gave her a small advantage in the eyes of the judges that night. But that’s how it went down, and I think it would be very logical to have that third fight between us.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...hevchenko-thinks-amanda-nunes-trilogy-logical

MacGregor and Khabib Khanate like this.
  2. VinceArch I am all of me.

Ugh.. No thanks.

FATM, pick999, R.Doria and 4 others like this.
  3. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

Mega fight, i'd love to see it, I think they are both even better than they were last time.. at which weight though? I guess what ever the fuck they want.

xsnail, dindonker, SuperNerd and 12 others like this.
  4. mirko>anyone Red Belt

It’s not a fight that needs rushed. They’ve both cleaned out most adversaries in their division though. Maybe another fight or 2 for each first. Don’t know how long Amanda wants to keep fighting, but she could always request this as a retirement match.

Khabib Khanate, julmma, JKS and 2 others like this.
  5. chitoortiz Gold Belt

Both fights were super close and the argument is there Shev would have won the 1st fight if it was 5 rounds.

One of the few WMMA fights that I'd be excited to watch.

Bring it.

6. BigTruck Red Belt

I think she could beat Amanda and probably deserved the bid in the 2nd fight but it wasn't exactly exciting and I don't expect a 3rd to be either. It's not a fight I'm foaming at the mouth for. Maybe 2 or 3 more wins for each and it will be their retirement fight.

youllneverwalkalone likes this.
  7. Bang Bang - R-fish Down Black Belt Platinum Member

Haha, that's just not going to happen.
    Unless of course you're imagining her GOAT orgasms which I'm sure she reserves for a non-public arena.

Khabib Khanate and julmma like this.
  8. sampuncher Red Belt

It's hard to suggest contenders for either fighter that make sense at this point.

I'm down.

MMAudit likes this.
  9. MMA_AZ Green Belt

I think the Bullet beat Nunes in the second fight. Doubt Nunes would take a third.
    Biggest fight in wmma I think

julmma and MMAudit like this.
  10. svmVR2097 Brown Belt

why? they were good fights, Bullet arguably won the last time they fought. Why not? Marquez wrongfully or not was 0-2-1 with Pacman(all close fights) before shutting his lights out in the 4th fight in his career defining moment.

julmma likes this.
  11. TheScorpionDude Get over here! ~~~~~~~~~~~~==>

As much as I dislike WMMA that's actually a good fight. I might watch.

julmma, MMAudit and Mahony like this.
  12. Traditionally trilogy fights involve a win and a loss for each fighter, unless a robbery was committed...
    Yea I'd watch the hell out of it. Fuck it, best of 7 like world series

MMAudit likes this.
  13. Rampage_Jackson retired 3/6/21

Funny she thinks that fight is a draw lol. By WMMA standards I guess

14. Benoitthegr8 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Platinum Member

Well there both 32 years old so Shev won’t be able to wait out Nunez’s Prime like May did with Paq...lol

15. michaelmichaelmichael90 ShizzleMaDizzle

I 100% think she beat Nunes. It was close for sure. I'm totally down for this fight. Bullet is one of the most precise and technically perfect striker almost in all of MMA.(yeah cue the WMMA hate and the "What are u smoking?" memes) Her only downfall is waiting for the right time to counter. If she ever loses again, that will be the reason....or getting taken down by Nunes and smothering her. Nunes is big AF

julmma and MMA_AZ like this.
  16. RustyShacleford Green Belt

Valentina actually has some really good challengers right now, her vs Andrade or even Lauren Murphy would be fights I'd like to see. But if her and Nunes keep beating everyone else, a hyped rematch seems inevitable.

17. VinceArch I am all of me.

I really didn't care for the 2nd fight, I felt both were trying to win on points more than anything... Just couldn't enjoy it.

18. Royhalibut Blue Belt

I think Mr.Nunes has an unfair advantage...

julmma likes this.
  19. Sanserif Purple Belt

About the only woman fighter who can beat nunes so they should make this fight happen

julmma likes this.
  20. Paulsp Black Belt

Nunes is already up 2-0 and will ko Val for the finale