News Shevchenko wants trilogy with Nunes in a big scenario with fans

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
“Bullet” has no potential date in mind for when she’d like to fight Nunes, but she knows one thing: She’d like fans in the building for such big fight against Nunes, who many consider the greatest of all time in women’s MMA.

"I think if this fight goes down in the future, I would definitely like to have the fans around me and the public back and not in an empty arena.”

usa_today_10271414.0.jpg

The UFC women’s flyweight titleholder is interested in a trilogy bout with two-division champ Amanda Nunes some time in the future. Shevchenko (19-3 MMA, 8-2 UFC), who defends her 125-pound title on Nov. 21 at UFC 255, is in no way underestimating her next opponent, Jennifer Maia, but thinks a trilogy bout with Nunes just makes sense.

“I think it would be logical,” Shevchenko said in Spanish on Monday’s episode of Hablemos MMA. “She’s been going through her opponents very easily, and I think that for the future, it would be logical to have a third fight because the second fight … I didn’t lose it. I won it.

Their second encounter ended in a split decision, and many thought Shevchenko did enough to get the nod from the judges. Shevchenko thinks she won the fight and is confident a third time would be different.

“This fight right now, as champion vs. champion, I think the judges will have a different outlook towards the fight,” Shevchenko said. “Three years ago in 2017 when we had our fight, they thought that just that one thing gave her the victory, and that was the takedown she got in the fifth round. She didn’t even start it – it was me who initiated. But since it was the final round, we were both slippery. She’s heavier, so I ended on bottom when I was supposed to land on top.

“That’s the only thing that gave her a small advantage in the eyes of the judges that night. But that’s how it went down, and I think it would be very logical to have that third fight between us.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...hevchenko-thinks-amanda-nunes-trilogy-logical

It’s not a fight that needs rushed. They’ve both cleaned out most adversaries in their division though. Maybe another fight or 2 for each first. Don’t know how long Amanda wants to keep fighting, but she could always request this as a retirement match.

I think she could beat Amanda and probably deserved the bid in the 2nd fight but it wasn't exactly exciting and I don't expect a 3rd to be either. It's not a fight I'm foaming at the mouth for. Maybe 2 or 3 more wins for each and it will be their retirement fight.

It's hard to suggest contenders for either fighter that make sense at this point.

I'm down.

I think the Bullet beat Nunes in the second fight. Doubt Nunes would take a third.
Biggest fight in wmma I think

Ugh.. No thanks.
why? they were good fights, Bullet arguably won the last time they fought. Why not? Marquez wrongfully or not was 0-2-1 with Pacman(all close fights) before shutting his lights out in the 4th fight in his career defining moment.

Traditionally trilogy fights involve a win and a loss for each fighter, unless a robbery was committed...
Yea I'd watch the hell out of it. Fuck it, best of 7 like world series

Well there both 32 years old so Shev won’t be able to wait out Nunez’s Prime like May did with Paq...lol

I think the Bullet beat Nunes in the second fight. Doubt Nunes would take a third.
Biggest fight in wmma I think
I 100% think she beat Nunes. It was close for sure. I'm totally down for this fight. Bullet is one of the most precise and technically perfect striker almost in all of MMA.(yeah cue the WMMA hate and the "What are u smoking?" memes) Her only downfall is waiting for the right time to counter. If she ever loses again, that will be the reason....or getting taken down by Nunes and smothering her. Nunes is big AF

Valentina actually has some really good challengers right now, her vs Andrade or even Lauren Murphy would be fights I'd like to see. But if her and Nunes keep beating everyone else, a hyped rematch seems inevitable.

why? they were good fights, Bullet arguably won the last time they fought. Why not? Marquez wrongfully or not was 0-2-1 with Pacman(all close fights) before shutting his lights out in the 4th fight in his career defining moment.
I really didn't care for the 2nd fight, I felt both were trying to win on points more than anything... Just couldn't enjoy it.

About the only woman fighter who can beat nunes so they should make this fight happen

Back