Shevchenko/Pena

Pierced7681

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who do you guys have in this upcoming fight?

I hope shevchenko wins so we can get a nunes/shevchenko rematch, but I've learned over the years to not bet against Pena, she always seems to find a way to win.

Hope valentina kos her, but realistically I think Pena will fitch her.

Shevchenko doesn't KO anybody, but her striking technique is on point and her grappling (esp. her wrestling) has been surprisingly good. I think she can defend enough takedowns to chip away on the feet and outpoint Pena to a decision.

Criminally underrated fight here; I'm really looking forward to it. It's kinda a tough one to call, but I'm going to take Valentina via decision. She seems to improve a good bit every fight and I don't think it's out of the question to assume she can defend against Julianna's takedowns. I see Valentina jabbing Julianna's face most of the night and utilizing better technique throughout. Something like a GSP vs. Koscheck 2 performance.

my girl shevchenko takes this pretty easy like the holm fight

Pena decision I hope.

Heir to the WMMA wrestling THRONE.

my girl shevchenko takes this pretty easy like the holm fight

I can't stand Pena, but every time I've bet against her she has won. I think cat is a better all around fighter than Valentina and Pena fitched her.

Either way, hope Valentina leaves Pena a bloody mess.

It's a really intriguing fight. Pena will have her hands full but after what she did to Zingano i gotta believe she's gonna get Valentina where she wants her eventually.

BUUUUUUT Valentina so slick as a striker too. It's a toss up fight i'm just leaning towards Pena atm. I think Valentina could beat anyone on any given night.

I can't stand Pena, but every time I've bet against her she has won. I think cat is a better all around fighter than Valentina and Pena fitched her.

Either way, hope Valentina leaves Pena a bloody mess.
Valentina is light years ahead in striking compared to cat.she also has judo and good enough wrestling to keep this standing.i see a clear ud for valentina

Hope valentina wins, but I think Pena will.

Is this a 5-rounder?

I have a hard time seeing any 135lb woman beat Valentina outside Amanda in a 5 rounder

shes too skilled, fundamentally sound and complete/technical despite being fairly small for the weight. Her counterwrestling is on point, very good TD game, gureat sub defense and the best sturiking in WMMA and some of the best in all of MMA. Tight footwork, pivots, counters, best clinch @ 135. She have it all

best chance of beating her in a 5 rounder is starching her early like Amanda nearly did, but shes gureat at adapting and adjusting and gets better as the fight goes. Cardio is on point too

Pena is too limited IMO, might win a round do well enough in another but she will start getting pieced up and styled on the feet

My oversimplified analysis: high level striker with good grappling (Val) vs high level grappler with ok striking (Peña)=Valentina wins.

Valentina is light years ahead in striking compared to cat.she also has judo and good enough wrestling to keep this standing.i see a clear ud for valentina

Hope you're right. Pena kicked the shit out of an old teammate of mine before she made it to the UFC. Would love to see her get a beat down.

upload_2017-1-1_14-21-14.png
vs
upload_2017-1-1_14-22-7.png
Valentina by UD and leading to Nunes vs Shevchenko 2

My oversimplified analysis: high level striker with good grappling (Val) vs high level grappler with ok striking (Peña)=Valentina wins.

Ok sturiking is being extremely generous towards Pena. Her standup is doodoo

Ha. The real main event is Cerrone vs Masvidal. Too bad we can't get that one to be a 5 rounder cuz they wanna keep pushin these bird fights.

Blame Ronda

Forgot this fight was on the card! Wonder if cowboy can handle masvidals boxing, last time he fought a guy like Jorge was against Diaz, who pieced him up with his hands.

This card looks awesome.

Hope you're right. Pena kicked the shit out of an old teammate of mine before she made it to the UFC. Would love to see her get a beat down.
i think valentina will beat amanda to in a rematch.her distance control and movement is a beauty to watch

Forgot this fight was on the card! Wonder if cowboy can handle masvidals boxing, last time he fought a guy like Jorge was against Diaz, who pieced him up with his hands.

This card looks awesome.

That's a rough fight for Cerrone.

Masvidal is slick everywhere and tougher than shit. If Jorge pushes the fight he's probably gonna get the win but lately more times than not he's too patient.

That's a rough fight for Cerrone.

Masvidal is slick everywhere and tougher than shit. If Jorge pushes the fight he's probably gonna get the win but lately more times than not he's too patient.

I could see cowboy taking it by volume and aggression if masvidal takes his foot off the gas like he's known to do, but hopefully he learned something from the raging al fight.

Back