Shevchenko is slowly becoming irrelevant

Its not her fault there is no one in her natural division to fight. She is pure talent.

You're right. It isn't her fault, but I do get what TS Is saying. Hopefully an interesting challenge shows up for her soon.

Lol at TS.

I’ve seen tons of really well justified hype around the champ yesterday night. Dunno why you’re talking about.
Just wasteland this.

When you are the only legit fighter in a division full of lesser opposition, people make threads like this.

I just don't see anyone beating Shevchenko at 125.

Things have a funny way of turning out....and not her fault, anyway. She'll fight who they put in front of her .The only thing she does have control of is self promotion. She needs to grab that by the throat and do her thing. WMMA and current 125 roster makes it quite a task but like I said...........

Also- shev - keep the red hair. Love the look ,goes awesome with her fair skin and , BELIEVE ME, - from a cosmetic POV, its means something.

The talent pool in her division is appaling, just like Claressa Shields in Boxing being forced to look outside the box to generate interest in her as nobody wants to see fights that are foregone conclusions. She will fight anybody so it's not her fault she fought Holm, Nunes x2, Pena, Joanna... these contenders who are getting gifted title shots due to the lack of quality is going to become stagnant soon... Eye, Carmouche, Koochagian you know they haven't had a finish in their combined last consecutive 23 fights? So the only way they could have beaten Valentina is by outclassing her to a decision? Absolute waste of time.

I mean, WMMA is pretty irrelevant in general?

It is a shadow compared to MMA as a whole...

it feels like we are watching an elite fighter, i get hyped for that shit
Yeah most of the time WMMA feels like watered down men's MMA but Valentina is fun to watch, she brings some cool shit to the table. Spinning kicks, crisp counters, and I love that she is a fighter with a striking background that regularly pushes the grappling and looks t finish on the ground instead of only using defensive wrestling/grappling like many kickboxers who transition do.

But TS has a point, her division is really weak.

Back