Shevchenko Demands Titleshot; Nunes Says She Didn't Earn It

Did Shevchenko earn a titleshot?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Things already are starting to heat up between Valentina Shevchenko and Amanda Nunes, as the current bantamweight champ shot down the Chicago winner's request for a rematch. At the post-fight press conference, "Bullet" said that Nunes' response showed she was "scared to fight."

The pair squared off in a closely contested three-round fight at UFC 196, in which Nunes walked away with a unanimous decision. However, Shevchenko showed against former champion Holm that she is ready for primetime. And the time to make that rematch is now.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...olm-valentina-shevchenko-edson-barboza-072316

---

Nunes took to Twitter almost immediately after the callout to tell fans that even though she won their last matchup by unanimous decision, she'll beat Shevchenko even more impressively the next time.

I won the first fight with @BulletValentina by UD... if I fight her again I will beat her again, this time very clean.#UFCChicago @joerogan

— Amanda Nunes (@Amanda_Leoa) July 24, 2016

Then after thinking about it for a few minutes, Nunes decided that Shevchenko might not even be ready for a title shot yet.

I feel she needs to prove herself a little more. I think @VenezuelanVixen vs @BulletValentina. Winner comes to me

— Amanda Nunes (@Amanda_Leoa) July 24, 2016

Nunes and Shevchenko fought close three rounds back in March at UFC 196 that saw Nunes start win the first two rounds before Shevchenko turned up the heat in the third. The fight promises to be even closer if these two ever meet for five rounds in a title bout or main event.

Pretty obvious to anyone watching the first fight that Shevchenko would have won a 5 round fight.

Who was dumb enough to vote Nunes has a 5 round gas tank? Clearly a troll.

Pretty obvious to anyo
ne watching the first fight that Shevchenko would have won a 5 round fight.
Perhaps, not for sure. People got different strategies if its a 3 rounder or 5 rounder.
Nunes wins rematch, and Valentina sucks. Nunes can go 5th rounds while valentina started to use her lungs to get air after just one round. She looked terrible vs Holm, and Holm won the match but robbed+ she was nearly ko ´ed. And Nunes will ko or submit her for sure. this is a 100% thing. Valentina is nothing compared to Nunes.

So everyone go bet on nunes if they make the match. bet alot of nunes. and then after the match is over you can go tell me i was wrong and i lost you momey while im smiling big time having betted big on valentina.

And none of you have seen nunes in 5th rounds - so yes i voted she hads a 5th round gas tank. stop saying she doesnt. start saying shes the goat!
we need to balance this or my idea of betting valentina as a dog won´t work. so i will keep saying nunes wins and valentina sucks. i need my odds to be good!

Why are there options in the poll that don't pertain to Shevchenko earning or not earning the title shot? That's kinda weird haha.

She earned it. Shevchenko wins rematch. I am a fan of Shevchenko. I am a fan of Nunes. Shevchenko has a 5-round gas tank.

Why did nunes tweet that to joe rogan

im-not-surprised-b4cq4o.jpg

Shevschenko takes the rematch.

I accidentally put nunes wins the rematch, no she won't

Pretty obvious to anyone watching the first fight that Shevchenko would have won a 5 round fight.
How is that obvious?? You don't just get to watch the outcome of a 3 round fight and then make believe you could magically add 2 more rounds. If the fight was scheduled for 5 rounds, the training, the game planning and the fight itself would have likely been totally different.

The fact that Shevchenko is even planning to try and win a 5 round decision says everything about her boring style.

Perhaps, not for sure. People got different strategies if its a 3 rounder or 5 rounder.
Nunes wins rematch, and Valentina sucks. Nunes can go 5th rounds while valentina started to use her lungs to get air after just one round. She looked terrible vs Holm, and Holm won the match but robbed+ she was nearly ko ´ed. And Nunes will ko or submit her for sure. this is a 100% thing. Valentina is nothing compared to Nunes.

So everyone go bet on nunes if they make the match. bet alot of nunes. and then after the match is over you can go tell me i was wrong and i lost you momey while im smiling big time having betted big on valentina.

And none of you have seen nunes in 5th rounds - so yes i voted she hads a 5th round gas tank. stop saying she doesnt. start saying shes the goat!
we need to balance this or my idea of betting valentina as a dog won´t work. so i will keep saying nunes wins and valentina sucks. i need my odds to be good!
Not sure if english is your second language or if you are drunk as fuck
And Nunes has a 2 round gas tank as shown by all her fights.

Eh...I don't like fighters rematching so soon. I agree with Nunes on this one. Valentina should win one more before a shot.

. Nunes can go 5t rounds, while valentina started to use her lungs to get air after just one round!

That's because Holly landed so many strikes on the air that it began to thin out.

Lol she has been champion for like one day after they gifted her a title shot, and now she's already picking and/or dodging opponents?
Sorry Lioness, Valentina has earned her title shot with the same criteria that brought you where you are today.
Nunes is clearly afraid of a 5 round battle with Shevchenko.

Back