Sherdog's slowness show that MMA dying?

MachidaNo1Fan

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Never seen sherdog this slow in the past week or two. Absolutely nothing new or exciting in the UFC or MMA in general... very sad. Maybe just me

Last edited:
Never seen sherdog this slow in the fast week or two. Absolutely nothing new or exciting in the UFC or MMA in general... very sad. Maybe just me

They are in a slump with big name fighters/fights. It'll probably take a big of time to turn it around.

Sherdog has always been "slow", though perhaps not always in the sense that you mean it.

Didn't we just come out of a span of months with a lot of fights? It comes in waves these days. If this was 7-8 years ago this post would be all about how many fights they've crammed into a small amount of time

Lack of big time fights...

Lack of Rousey v. Mayweather threads.

Lack of Rousey v. Mayweather threads.

I find those thread to be pathetic. I'm embarassed to be a member of sherdog or even a MMA fan when people talk about that subject lol it's a ridiculous attempt to make UFC noticed

Last edited:
Lack of big time fights...

Doesn't help that like half of the champs are hurt or taking a vacation at all times it seems. And Vitor's dilemma sucked a little excitement out of everything.

Sherdog is always slow between events when there is no new news.

Yes its not like the ufc had its biggest show 5 months ago for the last 5 years or so,right now is a transitional faze in the ufc/mma world.

They need to build new stars but it seems the ufc is very poor at doing that,there needs to be a rival promotion that is relevant for stars to be born,like nick diaz he would never of gotten to the level of popularity he got to if he had been in the ufc all of his life,instead he got to be in strikeforce and build his star while a champion in a rival organisation.

Same goes for eddie alvarez and chandler,eddie would never of gotten the type of contract he was offered if he had come up threw the ufc.

Seems like its better for fighter to go to a rival org and become a champion there,then move to the ufc.

I don't know about MMA dying but, Sherdog does feel slower than usual. Recurring pieces like post fight Tweets and underdogs that won, etc. seem to have dropped off. Weird when you consider Brown vs. Silva had something like 8 underdogs come through and the twittersphere was pretty lively.

It's also bogged down with too much boxing.

A lot of the champs are injured. Pettis, weidman and cain are made of paper.

At one point there were 5 MMA gyms in my area, right now there's 0. I definitely get the impression MMA is in a slump. At least in England anyway.

I find those thread to be pathetic. I'm embarassed to be a member of sherdog or even a MMA fan when people talk about that subject lol it's a ridiculous attempt to make UFC noticed

Lol a prestigious fee-paying member of Sherdog!

This can't be the first slow week you've seen since you got here.

seems the same. just differnt champs out from the past.

I've seen it this slow. There was a time on here where we had maybe one or two big fights a month. They were the only cards we had to talk about.

let mma die... hopefully x-arm rises from it's ashes

Back