Sherdog's Rankings

Gmork

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Are hilariously awful. I can't tell if Tristan Critchfield is actually simple, extremely biased or just doesn't really keep up with MMA.

My first beef with the list is Patricio Pitbull. The guy isn't ranked at 45 or 55, when any knowledgable fan can tell you he's easily top five at 45 (really more like top three,) and top ten at 55 with that last win. I constantly see these kinds of massive holes in their rankings.

Any particularly egregious outliers on this current list bothering you guys?

Hate to say but rankings dont mean shit. Look at the TS situation in just the UFC.

After the Loretta incident, Sherdog is very careful to include non-UFC fighters in the rankings..

the only rankings that matters is the one sitting in my sig.

Current Top 10 Most Overrated Fighters
1) Alexander Gustaffson
2) Luke Rockhold
3) Derrick Lewis
4) Ben Askren
5) Israel
6) Kevin Lee (would be much higher in terms of hype but his ranking is no longer as ridiculous)
7) Al Iaquinta (see Lee)
8) Kelvin Gastelum
9) Rafael dos Anjos (at 170)
10) Tony Ferguson (People will hate it but Poirier's quality of wins has surpassed an inactive Tony)

Also, the majority of the names at 205 are complete scrubs and are overrated by that division even having a top 10

1) Alexander Gustaffson
2) Luke Rockhold
3) Derrick Lewis
4) Ben Askren
5) Israel
6) Kevin Lee (would be much higher in terms of hype but his ranking is no longer as ridiculous)
7) Al Iaquinta (see Lee)
8) Kelvin Gastelum
10) Tony Ferguson (People will hate it but Poirier's quality of wins has surpassed an inactive Tony)

Also, the majority of the names at 205 are complete scrubs and are overrated by that division even having a top 10
I agree with all except izzy because he's dreamy.

1) Alexander Gustaffson
2) Luke Rockhold
3) Derrick Lewis
4) Ben Askren
5) Israel
7) Al Iaquinta (see Lee)
8) Kelvin Gastelum

I dont necesarily agree with all of your post, but you deserve credit And a like for 95% of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back