Sherdog's Own Pick for UFC 229: Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awesome thread @Augustus Caesar much respect
l89tvGH.gif
even more awesome commentary by the hardcores @Rex Kwon Do stole word for word what I wanted say....

Khabib to wipe the canvas with a 2yrs out drained McGregor, easy work baby
0TiTTTL.gif

I'm not one to quote myself but when you get a 100 you get to GLOAT @GOAT pick Besides I get show respect to my boi @Agustus Caesar again

379451-12957971.png

Last edited:
Can someone shed a bit of light on this please?... I know it didn't matter in the end, but since there is multiple video shots of Herb Dean standing in direct view of Conor holding on to cage, khabibs shorts, khabibs gloves, etc. Khabib even told him. My question is how is this allowed without any repercussions? I know people have said he was paid by ufc(I really hope not) or that it doesn't matter, khabib won. But a fight can change very quickly, Conor could've gotten off a lucky punch and what about future fights if this ref is anything but impartial? This isn't wwe, wtf? The media are saying he "missed a few" but that's not being truthful, he didn't miss them, he just didn't call them and it was more than a few. How come the media aren't calling him on it? Thoughts?

Can someone shed a bit of light on this please?... I know it didn't matter in the end, but since there is multiple video shots of Herb Dean standing in direct view of Conor holding on to cage, khabibs shorts, khabibs gloves, etc. Khabib even told him. My question is how is this allowed without any repercussions? I know people have said he was paid by ufc(I really hope not) or that it doesn't matter, khabib won. But a fight can change very quickly, Conor could've gotten off a lucky punch and what about future fights if this ref is anything but impartial? This isn't wwe, wtf? The media are saying he "missed a few" but that's not being truthful, he didn't miss them, he just didn't call them and it was more than a few. How come the media aren't calling him on it? Thoughts?
Just Herb Dean doing Herb Dean things, no need to pay him off cos he fucks up all the time

Nailed it
I think what people are underestimating is that if/when Khabib is able to implement his will onto McGregor, he isn't going to finish him in quick fashion. He's already said as much, it's going to be a humiliation.

So that said, what you're going to see is an exhausted, badly hurt McGregor finished on the feet some time in the fourth or fifth round.

You heard the man. Either delete me or at least make me change my av to this dudes picking.
Na dude..I was just messing around, I was just amazed you were that sure about the fight.

But would not be cool to lose someone whose been here for 13 years. You are a bigger part of the community than most including obviously me who is new.

Na dude..I was just messing around, I was just amazed you were that sure about the fight.

But would not be cool to lose someone whose been here for 13 years. You are a bigger part of the community than most including obviously me who is new.

Haha thanks.

I actually was THAT confident and I'm not even a McGregor fan. I really did believe the dude would blast Khabib.

Oops.

Sweater of AV said:
It’s a coin flip imo. Either Conor gets the early finish or Khabib drags him into deep water and puts a beating on him. Regardless, most fans of the winner will pretend that the outcome should have never been in doubt.

I'd like to sit on the fence but I’ll go with Conor catching Khabib early and celebrating with the Goof over some Proper 209. He'll then announce his next paternity leave and will try to hold the belt hostage for another year. Hopefully they both just make it to the fight and are ready for violence.

giphy.gif

That was a hell of a performance by Khabib. It's too bad the night ended the way it did.

Haven't caught up on everything that occurred afterwards and the ramifications but hopefully Tony-Khabib can happen.

Whay happened the people rhat
I don’t think it matters if Conor would lose a seven fight series with Khabib. I am picking him to win the first (and likely the only) fight. I base it on footwork and creativity. I don’t think Khabib and company will be able to solve that puzzle on the fly in the first fight. Everyone has a plan until they get hit with something they never saw coming.
Yea right! How did that turn out? More like everyone has a plan until they have Khabib pounding them into oblivion.

Whay happened the people rhat

Yea right! How did that turn out? More like everyone has a plan until they have Khabib pounding them into oblivion.

salty post and you better believe i pour heaps of salt all over my food, cant get enough

Thanks to the 37% retards who thought Conor would win. It made the Victory all the sweeter.

I just picked Khabib to win. I feel really good about that pick.

salty post and you better believe i pour heaps of salt all over my food, cant get enough

Gotta give you credit, that was funny lol.

And obviously, what you said could've easily happened instead, I just think Conor got Khabib so mad it backfired, khabib became more focused instead of letting it get in his head.

Were you surprised though, especially with Khabib and that big right?

Back