Sherdog's grappler age?

I'm 26, and I started BJJ about 3 months ago.

that is you in the avatar right? you look like the Swedish high jumper

stewfan holm

Stefan_Holm_417102a.jpg

No he's Mike Brown from TUF.

Started Grappling a little over 2 years ago, Judo a year ago; I just turned 43 :p

I'm 24 and started combat Sambo and Systema at 16.

Didn't get to train much mma and grappling wise between 19 -22 because of being in the military.

I'm 24 and started combat Sambo and Systema at 16.

Didn't get to train much mma and grappling wise between 19 -22 because of being in the military.

started at 23, now 24.

if i had a time machine id go back and change things in this order -

1. started jiujitsu at 7-10
2. invested in microsoft w/ my weekly allowance
3. went to school for a different major

30 started BJJ when I was 22. Started Muay Thai when I was 16, stopped competing in kick boxing for the most part after I got my blue belt. I still consider myself a better striker than grappler.

I can relate. I am a way, way better striker than grappler.

Since I grew up on the poorer side of Hawaii, I boxed from small kid days, then kickboxed, went to kung fu when my dad and his police buddies watched Bruce Lee and Kung Fu the series, then muay thai until four years ago when I started training with Relson Gracie. Age now is 41. Like you I am a way, way better striker than grappler. I just got my purple from Relson on January 24, 2008.

almost 30-started when i was 18/19 been doing it total for ten years; but its always been choppy as far as my training, so more like somewhere between 5-7yrs.

mostly went to grappling clubs, schools and bounced around; experienced w/all the diff grappling arts, catch.judo.bjj.wrestling.jkd grappling.sub wrestling. Never trained in them, except judo for a year and a half; but learned through hitting the mat and the occassional instruction.

I started when I was 19 did it for a few months then moved had 2 kids and got divorced moved back into town now im 23 and started again a few months ago.

also trained boxing for about 2 yrs and then just tailored it by sparring diff standup cats, i.e. kyokushin, kickboxing, wing chun, muay thai, etc for the past 7-8yrs. Im not a good boxer at all, not for a real fighter; but the training really opened my eyes to alot of finer points of standup,

alot of my training is stop and go cus if health issues/surgeries..e.tc

I'm 23. I started doing Ninjutsu at 13, and have been doing BJJ for about 2 years, and Judo informaly for 5

Your life is a country song.

shit i wish its more like eminem and his wife Kim except were not from the hood but she is crazy and i have baby mama drama forever. Get married before you have kids not because!

Started wrestling competitively when I was 12 until 20, started BJJ when I was 19, and I'm 25 now.

I'm 25 now, started BJJ 15 months ago.

Back