Sherdog's grappler age?

Luxemberg**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And when did you start? Whether it's jiu jitsu, judo, wrestling, High School wresting, catch wrestling, pro wrestling etc.

I am currently 21 and started doing jiu jitsu last year.

What about you guys?

*****MEMBER's LIST******* (sorry this is just a rough sketch. Will re edit later.)

1 Punk KO - 18, started last July, trained for a solid 5 months. (out currently due to skin infection.) Competed once and placed 2nd in No-Gi 141- and under.
alaskajitsu - 24, started BJJ at age 23
amp_1986 - 22, started a month ago BJJ
Azfighter - 23, started BJJ at 19
BB in Crazy - 24, started combat sambo and systema at age 16
Bubble Boy - 42, got serious about Judo training at age 35, though tinkered in grappling stuff and judo for years before that.
Cerberus 87 - 20 started BJJ last year
cheath - 26 started BJJ 3 months ago
codemonkey76 - 31, started BJJ at age 30
DaDiazbros - 18, started BJJ this year
Deloitte - unknown
devante - 30, started BJJ at 18-19 years old
dolowhite - 30, did Judo at age 7-14, High School wrestling 14-18, took a break started back at judo age 23.
Drew Foster - 23, started ninjitsu at age 13, judo for 5 years.
fikerstance - 17, sambo at age 15 converted to jiu jitsu at age 16
Frodo - I'm 27. Started BJJ at 24.
GracieMMABarra - 23, started Jiu-Jitsu at 19 (Purple Belt now) and Thai Boxing at 21
hash_jazzy - judo at age 8-11 muay thai and judo currently.
Hayliks - started wrestling competitively at 12-20, stated BJJ at age 19, currently 25
IL Grappler - unknown
jasond - 34, started BJJ at 31
jjmuaythaiguy - 41, purple belt in BJJ under Relson Gracie
jjwvic - 18, started BJJ this year
kimurense - 30, started BJJ at 22
King Creatine - 27, started BJJ eight months ago.
Lapu-Lapu - 23, wrestled since 15, started BJJ last year.
Luxemberg - 22, started BJJ this year
maker - 16, started BJJ at 15.
Meangene44103 - 22, started BJJ this year
Meegle818 - 24, a little over a year 23; BJJ
No Quarter - 47 years old. Started TMA when I was 18, Kickboxing when I was 19.
nyne - BJJ - (I'm 25 now). Started BJJ at age 22, judo for a grand total of about a semester and wrestled for a year during jr high
Started Judo and grappling 3 years ago and added Muay Thai 2 years ago.
pittfrog - started grappling 2 years ago, judo a year ago, just turned 43
pride-jitsu - 36, started BJJ at age 30
POedBoy - 28 years old, started Judo last July, about 5 months solid training and 1 tourney so far - went 0-3 :/
Samurai Jack - 23, started BJJ at age 19
Sean-Roberts - 18 started BJJ at age 16
sunnycoastbjj - Started training BJJ at age 19 and turning 22 tomorrow!
I did boxing for about a year when i was 16.
slidey-foot - 27, started BJJ at age 25
STFUjitsu - started at age 20, March of 06` now 22; BJJ
The Colonel - I'm 27, soon to be 28, started brazilian jiu-jitsu at 16 (I used to ride my bike to practice lol) though for the last 4 years (ever since I enlisted) I've barely been able to practice at all.
Throwing Dummy - Now 42. Started BJJ 2.5 years ago, and am now Blue Belt in SBGI system. Also, green belt in Judo.Did Judo on and off when I was a kid, along with Karate, and then started again in early thirties with Tae Kwon Do, about 3 years, also did BJJ for about 18 months at that time with Carley Gracie in SF, and some Kendo and dabbled in Aiki Jujitsu (Sennin-do). Broke my back in 1998 and 6 years of PT and Yoga got me back in the game. (thumps up man!)
Timbaland - 26, started training BJJ a little after 23rd bday.
Tony Manifold - wrestling 13, judo 14
txfighter13 - started submission wrestling at age 17, currently brown belt in BJJ
Whipyourassstyle - 30 started jiu jitsu 22
Wrestleben - I'm 32 years old and started BJJ when I was 31 like 7-8 months ago. Wrestled from 7th-12th grade.
YeahBee - 24, judo 3-4 years old.
X-Pac Guard - 26, started BJJ at age 26, wrestled in 7th-12th grade
Yojimbo - 25 started BJJ 15 months ago

currently 18 and started really doing jiu jitsu this year but a little before when I was 17 too. I know i know I'm relatively young compared to most of you...

I'm 27, started BJJ when I was 25. Full long-winded background here.

30 started BJJ when I was 22. Started Muay Thai when I was 16, stopped competing in kick boxing for the most part after I got my blue belt. I still consider myself a better striker than grappler.

24 years old

did judo for 3-4 years as a kid

now again since 3 years back

started BJJ when I was 21(turning 22), I am 30 now... did some other traditional MA's before that

23 now. Started wrestling when I was 15 and then started bjj last year.

jeez, you guys make me feel old, i am 31, only been at it since last year.

Started Judo when i was 8 yers old until i was11. Gave me a solid base, learning to keep balance and use leverage,general grappling and submissions etc..started doing a little bit of sub grappling more in the style of Jiu Jitsu in the last 3-4 years, im not part of a sub grappling camp/class but the people i have trained with are all bar one experienced and formally trained to a high degree.
Now in the last year i have started to learn Muay thai from a couple friends who have all trained Muay thai for longer then ive had hair on my head lolz.

* i aim to compete in either judo or amatuer Muay thai within the next year and a half depending on my situation work wise*

***!!Middlesex Mack Daddy!!***
**SouThaLL!!**

jeez, you guys make me feel old, i am 31, only been at it since last year.

that is you in the avatar right? you look like the Swedish high jumper

stewfan holm

Stefan_Holm_417102a.jpg

started sambo when I was 15 converted over to jujitsu when I was 16 now im 17.

OK you young whippersnappers, make way for Grandpa here..

47 years old. Started TMA when I was 18, Kickboxing when I was 19.

Started Judo and grappling 3 years ago and added Muay Thai 2 years ago.

I started when I was 31 (just over 2 years ago) and I turn 34 next month.

I am 26 and started BJJ the week after my 26th birthday, but I wrestled 7th-12th grade and it seems like that was helpful

Back