Sherdog's 2014 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Leagues

in the

Steel Belt
Reaction score
This thread will be for both Yahoo and ESPN World Cup fantasy leagues. This post will be updated with links to each site when the games open.

The leagues are free and open to everyone.

ESPN World Cup Bracket Challenge
:
http://games.espn.go.com/world-cup-bracket-predictor/2014/en/group?groupID=18601

Yahoo Sports World Cup Pick 'Em
:
http://y.ahoo.it/HQ5TYdQu
*NOTE* You will need to enter in your picks for every round, so after each round is complete, make sure to log in and enter your picks for the next round.

FIFA World Cup Fantasy League (players):
http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/
SBL is the league and sodap is the password.

Sherdog money league:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f103/streak-vcash-v28-6-10-14-groups-part-iii-2754671/

I would like to renew the personal Sherdog league we had during 2010.

SHERDOG LEAGUE FINAL ROSTERS
CARDONA
[Spain = 10]
[Portugal = 15]
[USA = 15]
[Ivory Coast = 10]
[England = 5]
[Greece = 15]
[Honduras = 0]
[Costa Rica = 55]
POINTS = 125

SODA
Brazil = 95
[Italy = 10]
[Uruguay = 20]
[Chile = 20]
[Switzerland = 20]
[Ghana = 5]
[Ecuador = 15]
[Algeria = 15]
POINTS = 200

RAWEX
Germany = 235
[Belgium = 65]
[Colombia = 65]
[Bosnia = 10]
[Japan = 5]
[Russia - 10]
[Nigeria = 15]
[Cameroon = 0]
POINTS = 405

CORONA
Argentina = 165
[France = 55]
Netherlands = 155
[Croatia = 10]
[Mexico = 25]
[South Korea = 5]
[Australia = 0]
[Iran = 5]
POINTS = 420

Sherdog League scoring:
Group (Round 1) win = 10 points
Group draw = 5 points
Group sweep (win all three games) = 5 bonus points
Round of 16 (Round 2) win = 30 points
Quarterfinal (Round of 8) win = 40 points
Semifinal (Round of 4) win = 60 points
Third place game win = 50 points
Championship game win = 80 points

FINAL SHERDOG LEAGUE STANDINGS

CHAMPION = Corona (420)
2. Rawex (400)
3. sodapopinski (200)
4. CardonaLJ (125)

FINAL YAHOO LEAGUE STANDINGS
CHAMPION = Jeff's Impressive Pick Set
2. The Clogmonger
3. Maradonna Summers
3. Portugal

FINAL ESPN LEAGUE STANDINGS
CHAMPION = Hitmandn 1, Hitmandn
2. Frank, Deathstar-Galactica
3. Oleander, resugio
3. Cardonalj2847 1, Cardonalj2847

Last edited:
Ok, we have two other posters who want to do the Sherdog league here, so we just need one more poster who wants to join in.

Tentative draft date/time is Monday night, June 9th at 5:00 PM Pacific. Subject to change depending on schedules. The World Cup starts on June 12th so we have to draft no later than the 11th.

Fuxk it I'm in!

We have four now. Rawex, Corona, Cardona, and me. The league is full but if someone does not show for the draft, anyone can take their spot.

I went to Random.org and generated the following draft order:

1. Cardona
2. Soda
3. Rawex
4. Corona

Draft is tentatively set for Monday, June 9th at 6 PM Pacific Time (9 Eastern, 8 Central), though that's subject to change. Let me know if you cannot draft at that time.

Let me know what you guys think of the scoring proposal. It could be tweaked.

For WC fantasyleague i recommend using this one http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/

Has someone else already made a league, or is that just a better site? If the latter, I'll make a league when I get on a better connection and add it to the OP.

Last edited:
Has someone else already made a league, or is that just a better site? If the latter, I'll make a league when I get on a better connection and add it to the OP.
No one made it yet, i was gonna make one next sunday.

I'd be interested. I couldn't do it until 10:30pm EST unless we do it on 06/05.

I have spain beating Brazil in the final. Spain, Argentina, Germany, and Brazil are my final 4.

Well if someone doesn't show at draft time, you can take that person's place. Or anyone else who wants to during that time.

Yahoo league has been added. Let me know if you guys have problems joining.

Are you still interested in doing the Sherdog league (drafting nations in this thread)? Someone can't make it and I need one person to take over for him.

Joined the Yahoo group as well

Does anyone want to do the Sherdog four team league? Post here if you can make the draft time (Monday night, June 9th at 5:00 PM Pacific). We could adjust that to Sunday but it will have to be around 5:00 PM my time (Central).

We need one more person to complete the league. Scoring and settings are in spoiler tags in the OP.

is there still a spot open?

Which league? The Yahoo and ESPN leagues are open to everyone. The league we'll be drafting in this thread still needs someone who can make the draft time. It's yours if you want it.

Which league? The Yahoo and ESPN leagues are open to everyone. The league we'll be drafting in this thread still needs someone who can make the draft time. It's yours if you want it.

I joined the Yahoo Pick em. I was kind of hoping it was fantasy football where we buy/draft players.

I joined the Yahoo Pick em. I was kind of hoping it was fantasy football where we buy/draft players.

Rawex posted a link to a McDonald's/FIFA fantasy game that let you buy players. I was going to make the league but he expressed interest in creating it, so I'm going to let him do it (and besides, when it comes to players, I know less than Jon Snow, so I would be horrible in that league).

But... if anyone else wants to make a league on that site, do it and I'll add the links to the OP.

Back