Sherdoggers who train MMA: How you you engage in a conversation about MMA w/ those who don’t train?

If I go to the bar or something, I just enjoy the excitement. It's common that I'm smarter than the other people I talk to. I don't hold my knowledge advantage over others against them.

Just like we don't hold your delusion against you.

put moron in rnc. proceed to speak to said moron about mma. conversation should go one sided with you being victorious.

When it Comes to fighting everybody thinks they know better than u,its very painfull so i avoid this Kind Of conversation with casual

Then you return to your mom’s basement for ths night, with a smug smile on your face.
You seem insecure and triggered because of another person's intelligence. Increase your own intelligence instead of projecting your own flaws and failures on others. Get a job you worthless bum.

I can’t recall the last time I told someone I trained mma/Muay Thai/bjj and I got a dumb/“brah” type response.

MMA is so prevelant now that it’s no real surprise to anyone to hear someone say that’s what or how they train. Also I don’t feel the need to push or “promote” MMA as a thing like I did 10/15 years ago. So that helps, ha.

I didn't think people who don't train were even allowed to watch MMA. Does congress know about this?!

I was at the bar last weekend and was talking to some dudes about the UFC and some fighters and I found it difficult to have an insightful conversation with someone who doesn’t train MMA. It was painful as hell talking to someone who has no idea what they’re talking about. Do you feel the same? Do you think those who don’t train MMA are second rate fans of the sport? Do you think higher of yourself like I do? I wanna be a better ambassador of the sport but I just can’t do it.
Lol higher of yourself? Wow!! Winner!! You won’t ever be an ambassador of a martial art if you think arguing your >merits here are remotely sensible

You open a conversation with “do you like cage fighting?”

If they do, cool!

If they don’t, shake his hand and wink at his girlfriend. Because she knows she’s dating a pussy.

As a basketball player, i will still take comments from non-basketball playing fans seriously.

Some of them are more knowledgeable than me.

They may not physically know how it feels to do certain things, and would probably look ridiculous if they tried to go on a court and do it, but they can understand many things from observation and studying the game - which is very possible now to do at a decent level with youtube with videos like the below:

Also, although you are a fighter, have you fought on an elite level? I am a basketball player, but the highest level i played was high school, so i still have no idea what basketball is like physically on an NBA level. It's a completely different game with 6'7 foot tall NBA players with 40 inch verticals.

As i have seen our black belt gradings and watched 4-1 sparring matches, i will stick with Goju and try to climb the rankings further. But when our 9th Dan takes on several black belts and they cant seem to touch him, i find that very impressive indeed.

That's cool and all but I bet 1 Romero would beat his ass.

It’s like trying to talk about Mexican food with someone when the only Mexican food they have ever had is from Tacobell

Back