Sherdoggers hating on khabib but..

JAL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Khabib is ranked second on ufc p4p and is ranked 3rd on sherdog
his next opponent is ranked 7th on both sherdog and UFC
The person he's gonna go against if he wins against Dustin is ranked 10th on both sherdog and ufc
yet people say khabib is fighting bums lol

While Jones supposedly number 1 p4p is fighting rejects from MW lol

as of now Khabib is fighting the best competition in UFC

He's fighting a guy that was beat by the guy he just beat.
<31>

Khabib is the number one!

Of course he's hated! He is popular and he whipped Conor

I also suspect some (not all) dislike him because of his religious background.

Thankfully I don't hate anyone because of religion. I've seen enough hate to last 10 lifetimes

<31>

5 years ago!

Dustin has done amazing since then and only lost one other fight at lw!

You could argue he has currently the best resume at 155

<31>

Well shit can you blame him?
Overlaps like that are bound to happen when you've beaten everyone you've ever fought.

I'm sure he's also fought other guys that have been beaten by other guys he's fought lol.

The point is, they've never beaten KHABIB.

why do people do this?

literally no one hates on Khabib. No one. Other than saying he needs to fight Ferg(obvious) to officially determine the LW GOAT. I've never seen a single person seriously claim Khabib isn't elite or ducks real competition.

Khabib should be ranked higher than Jones but Jones isn't even top 10 in that regard so it's not a big deal IMO.

Max is my P4P King, Bobby #2, Khabib top 5.

#1 Max
#2 Bobby
#3 Henry
#4 Dustin
#5 Khabib
#6 Stipe
#7 Marty
#8 Colby
#8 Tony
#10 Izzy

As you said, Jones can keep fighting MW rejects.

Khabib should be ranked higher than Jones but Jones isn't even top 10 in that regard so it's not a big deal IMO.

#1 Max
#2 Bobby
#3 Henry
#4 Dustin
#5 Khabib
#6 Stipe
#7 Marty
#8 Colby
#8 Tony
#10 Izzy

most retarded ranking of anything i've ever seen. congrats

#1 Max
#2 Bobby
#3 Henry
#4 Dustin
#5 Khabib
#6 Stipe
#7 Marty
#8 Colby
#8 Tony
#10 Izzy

I imagine #4 is Dustin the diamond? Could you explain your reasoning for having Dustin above Habib, Henry and Bobby i can understand, I can justify Max, but Dustin is not above Khabib imo

Khabib is 4th... Didn't he finish #1 in his last fight? Oh wait, Conor was only #1 because this is a popularity contest.

And Sherdog even believes Khabib lost the third round while Conor was cheating from the start Khabib even mentioned to Dean after the third round that Conor had cheated three times in that round alone but Dean wasn't paying attention during the fight.

4. Khabib Nurmagomedov (27-0)
Post-fight shenanigans aside, Nurmagomedov was in prime form against Conor McGregor at UFC 229. He completed takedowns, applied heavy top pressure and generally made life difficult for the knockout-minded Irishman at every turn. “The Eagle” even survived adversity — he lost a round for the first time in his promotional tenure — before tapping McGregor with a neck crank at the 3:03 mark of round four. Nurmagomedov received a nine-month suspension — which can be reduced to six with the production of an anti-bullying PSA — and a $500,000 fine for his role in the post-fight brawl that occurred after the bout. The Dagestani will next defend his title against interim king Dustin Poirier at UFC 242 on Sept. 7.

why do people do this?

literally no one hates on Khabib. No one. Other than saying he needs to fight Ferg(obvious) to officially determine the LW GOAT. I've never seen a single person seriously claim Khabib isn't elite or ducks real competition.
I'm sorry, I don't want to insult you, but you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. You can't even imagine how wrong you are. At this very moment Khabib is pretty much the most hated mixed martial artist, if not martial artist in general. The Russians hate him (most Russians rooted against Khabib for Conor, by the way), because he reminds them of the fact that current generation of ethnic Russian fighters is horrible and because he is pretty much the modern face of Russian MMA while belonging to an ethnicity most ethnic Russians consider "subhuman". Westerners hate him, because he represents Islam and is perceived as a "threat" to their moral and cultural values. Add on top of that his undefeated record - something that induces jealousy in people on a subconscious level and the desire to see him lose, and the picture becomes far from pretty. You don't even need to leave Sherdog to see this, but if you go to other, darker places on the internet, you will witness levels of sheer, undiluted hatred that no martial artist in recent history has induced.

This is what makes Khabib such an inspirational figure to any red-blooded male regardless of religion or culture, by the way: because he succeeds in the face of an absolutely insane level of adversity.

TS:
*thread title is deceiving
*i cannot disagree with your perspective

Back