Sherdoggers from USA are you buying UFC 228?

Yes because I'm not some sherbro peasant who can't afford $60. You fucking trash bags make me sick in the fact that you spend so much time discussing mma and the ufc but won't support them by buying ppv's. Dana and the promotion don't owe Jack to you clowns and I actually hope they start increasing the price

So are you buying Rory vs Moose and Tito vs Chuck or do you only feel good about giving you money to the fake snow account?

Yes because I'm not some sherbro peasant who can't afford $60. You fucking trash bags make me sick in the fact that you spend so much time discussing mma and the ufc but won't support them by buying ppv's. Dana and the promotion don't owe Jack to you clowns and I actually hope they start increasing the price
Its not my fault the ufc is running an archaic ppv model. I didn't get rich paying for things i could get for free.

So are you buying Rory vs Moose and Tito vs Chuck or do you only feel good about giving you money to the fake snow account?

Its not my fault the ufc is running an archaic ppv model. I didn't get rich paying for things i could get for free.

Well if you lazy asses would spend less time on the internet and go out and get a job then maybe buying a $60 ppv wouldn't be the end of the world. And yes I will be paying to see Rory, Mousasi, Chuck, AND Tito because it's what I want to do and actually consider myself a true fan of this sport. Go ahead and watch your crappy stream that is delayed, freezes, and is unreliable because "you can get it for free"

Yes because I'm not some sherbro peasant who can't afford $60. You fucking trash bags make sick in the fact that you spend so much time discussing mma and the ufc but won't support them by buying ppv's. Dana and the promotion don't owe Jack to you clowns and I actually hope they start increasing the price

Well if you lazy asses would spend less time on the internet and go out and get a job then maybe buying a $60 ppv wouldn't be the end of the world. And yes I will be paying to see Rory, Mousasi, Chuck, AND Tito because it's what I want to do and actually consider myself a true fan of this sport. Go ahead and watch your crappy stream that is delayed, freezes, and is unreliable because "you can get it for free"
lol streaming is fairly reliable these days grampa

When I lived in Manila, I probably buy it but now that I'm in the US the only card I'll buy is a TJ Dillashaw/Tony Ferguson card

The salty tears in this thread are hilarious. Yes they should increase the prices to offset pirating, that will teach those no good theives. I would love to hear more ingenious money making ideas like this.

this is definitely more of a bar type event for me honestly, even though I hate doing it. I hate being surrounded by casuals yelling at the ref to stand them up as soon as they hit the mat or that X fighter needs to Fuck up the other guy etcetc, they're as bad as Conor nuthuggers on here (almost).

Sometimes for good PPVs, I go over to my buddy's place and a few guys come over and we watch, sometimes I pay for the PPV or the bulk of it, sometimes its evenly chopped up, get food n drinks, smoke some weed, usually a good night. But most of my friends who watch, even though they've watched periodically over the last 14 years or so when I watch, they still don't know that much. And certainly not enough to know who a lot of these guys are (these guys don't even know Woodley tbh), so, this isn't something that has caught their eye (obv they know of Conor vs Khabib following month)

Might just sit at home though, which would probably entail me watching it through...the dark web.

I do know some BWW show it and others don't.

May have to check a few locations by calling them and asking.

But yeah, that's a huge problem for BWW and they should start doing a $30 minimum tab/ticket and taking debit cards before ordering, to say to the bums "You're not welcome here."

I once stood outside in line to get into a BWW, and met three fine folks who were fun to hang out. So I suggested we get a get a table together to watch the fights.

For the first hour they kept ordering water. Only water. And around an hour in I caught on they had no plans to order ANYTHING. The waitresses there knew me, and I was so damn embarassed I was sitting with three bums. I pulled the waitress aside to apologize, and gave her a $20 tip on top of my tab which included a tip.

I explained in a playful laughing way to the bums the simple economics of a bar ordering an expensive PPV for their customers to watch for 'free,' and they're not only screwing over the bar but also the waitresses who are working their asses off on a Saturday night expecting to get respectable tips from customers who order things.

Sheesh.... well, needless to say I never saw the bums again.

They weren't homeless, just broke college kids.
There is a place near me that put's on fights not BWW but they didn't play that there almost to the extreme. I haven't been in a long time. But just me not including the people I went with, I had a tab of like 85+ dollars and the co-main was in progress and they were like order or get out. It threw me off it was all good but they had probably been burnt before by people not ordering and were told to not let people just sit. I was drinking double Maker's with a splash of cola. It was just funny like Sir your going to need to get even more hammered to watch the main event. If we had been doing pitchers of beer probably wouldn't have happened...

All the BWW’s where I’m from quit showing them a few years back and it sucks! I know a manager at one and he said tons of rednecks would have literally one beer and hangout in the bar area for all of the prelims and main card; have like a $6 tab, tip $1 and leave. Sucks for the rest of us.

They stopped showing because of that? That problem is so easy to fix. Just charge a cover on UFC nights, and if someone meets or exceeds that amount in food and drink bill then the cover is waived.

this is definitely more of a bar type event for me honestly, even though I hate doing it. I hate being surrounded by casuals yelling at the ref to stand them up as soon as they hit the mat or that X fighter needs to Fuck up the other guy etcetc, they're as bad as Conor nuthuggers on here (almost).

Sometimes for good PPVs, I go over to my buddy's place and a few guys come over and we watch, sometimes I pay for the PPV or the bulk of it, sometimes its evenly chopped up, get food n drinks, smoke some weed, usually a good night. But most of my friends who watch, even though they've watched periodically over the last 14 years or so when I watch, they still don't know that much. And certainly not enough to know who a lot of these guys are (these guys don't even know Woodley tbh), so, this isn't something that has caught their eye (obv they know of Conor vs Khabib following month)

Might just sit at home though, which would probably entail me watching it through...the dark web.
I miss college when I had like 15 people willing to throw down 10 or 5 or whatever watch the fights and then still hit the bar afterwards. Also other people were at the House just pre-gaming and partying in the background. That's was the best way to do it but that really only exists in the college bubble.

No way.

I'm just going to get the Play-by-play here on Sherdog and watch any pertinent gifs.

I miss college when I had like 15 people willing to throw down 10 or 5 or whatever watch the fights and then still hit the bar afterwards. Also other people were at the House just pre-gaming and partying in the background. That's was the best way to do it but that really only exists in the college bubble.

I mean I'm in my early 30s, my friends are all my age give or take a couple years in both directions. Everyone has kids and family, nobody goes out like that. So for us, its getting some Postmates delivered to the house, having a 12 pack of beers, a few joints rolled, and that is the extent of our fun. Not to mention where I live everything closes at 2 am and it's 1 am by the time fights are done. So it'd take us 30 to get anywhere and by then it's last call. Pointless to go out after.

by and everyone has kids and family I mean them. I'm still a Toys R Us kid.

This card sucks, I'd rather buy something I can KEEP then blow it on a ppv worse than Fight Night card. All that wmma, nobody I can remember besides Zabit, Woodley headlining, no sir!

Back