Sherdog Whiteboard

I just figured since the bench isn't paused we could do a strict* press (just without legs).

Anyways, I'll go with whatever the majority wants, which appears to be STRICT :)

I should restart that thread. Jester just let it die. It needs a more caring set of hands. I'll get on that tomorrow.

Haha, what the fuck ever man

I put a ton of time into that thread and updated it on 9/21 and then everyone vanished except for like 2-3 updates over the next 4 months

Everyone let that die, had nothing to do with my "non-caring hands"

Looks like fun, though I'll never be on that list lol.

Oh rad I need to do this ASAP so I can get up there... Even for a brief period of time lol

Hey oblivian you look nothing like your icon

Serious question: is that really a strict press? I am not hating, I am just a beginner and it looked to my ameatur eyes like you bent your knees quite a bit.

Oops - I didn't see that it had to be done starting today. Scratch those.

In regards to the press - I use quite a bit of lean back, which is common with a strict press. Below is an extreme illustration of lean back from olympic press.

overheadpress.jpg

I'm trying to find a diagram that illustrates it (I know I've seen it before), but I'm not having any luck. Below shows the lean back, but the difference is that you start straight and the second portion is the lean back. Above the waist changes positions, but your legs don't.

Starting-Strength-Press-Sequence.jpeg

Last edited:
Would you be willing to add a few bodyweight exercises to this?

I think we need to cap this list. No more than 10-12 exercises. We'll have everyone coming out of the woodwork begging for whatever lift their best at to be on it. Big guys want all the barbell lifts and skinny guys want all bodyweight stuff.

It should be the major barbell lifts, overheads, the olympic lifts, 1 or 2 bw exercises and maybe 1 conditioning challenge (10x10 challenge, burpess etc). Nothing more.

I think we need to cap this list. No more than 10-12 exercises. We'll have everyone coming out of the woodwork begging for whatever lift their best at to be on it. Big guys want all the barbell lifts and skinny guys want all bodyweight stuff.

It should be the major barbell lifts, overheads, the olympic lifts, 1 or 2 bw exercises and maybe 1 conditioning challenge (10x10 challenge, burpess etc). Nothing more.

Actually, as Faulted said, the bodyweight and conditioning challenges should be in their own thread. I plan on creating one soon, I just want to be sure the support is there.

As a skinny guy I say poopoo to BW stuff! So, just sayin'

I've started a discussion about a conditioning and bodyweight training counterpart to this. Feel free to join in and give your opinion!

Back