Sherdog Whiteboard

Govlmopp video: Triceps extension on the cable row machine? I've see it all...

LOL - good stuff guys! whiteboard is updated.

I think its time to pick up a couple more bumpers, elevate. You have all the change in Northern California on the bar. Nice work.

Inching closer to a 500 lb front squat.

193 kg/425 lb clean. I had 202 racked but lost it forward.

Nice job guys - whiteboard is updated!

Nice job! Only 8 pounds separates the #2-#5 spot on the board for squat...

I don't know if you accept block snatches or not but here is a huge one from me from today.

Jake is a beast.

Isnt 154 a huge PR for you? I dont think I remember seeing you doing 150+ before?

Jake is a beast.

Isnt 154 a huge PR for you? I dont think I remember seeing you doing 150+ before?

Yeah, it is a retardedly huge PR. It is a 20 kg PR off of blocks and is 11 kg over my best snatch from the floor. Apparently pretty much all of us hit big PRs off of blocks yesterday, so hopefully that means good things are coming from the floor.

Wow, thats crazy. Congrats jake, you deserve that shit.
Well, your snatch from the floor must be higher than from blocks, right?

Damn that's crazy. I'm just thinking of that weight crushing me on my back, let alone trying to hold it up on a front squat.

Might I ask, how long have you been lifting? And I mean lifted seriously?

Wow, thats crazy. Congrats jake, you deserve that shit.
Well, it was until yesterday. My problem is that I can pull way harder than most other people but it works against me when snatching because I get pulled out of position. If I can figure out how to stay in position to my knees, I'll be in good shape.

Once technique is solid, which I would say I'm not quite there yet, almost all lifts are missed below the knees.

Damn that's crazy. I'm just thinking of that weight crushing me on my back, let alone trying to hold it up on a front squat.

Might I ask, how long have you been lifting? And I mean lifted seriously?
I've been a serious weightlifter coming up on three years this fall. I trained before that but it was nowhere near like it is now and it was to supplement my fight training.

I did compete in strongman for like a year before I hurt my back, though.

Awesome stuff, J.

I've been told that it's is normal for many athletes to be able to snatch more off blocks than off the floor.

Back