Sherdog Strongman Discussion V2

That had to eat away at Hall , considering that Fury is also Tall , probably another his on his Ego.
I am sure it bothers him but he will never change and will not show is disappointment.

The best part Tyson Fury invited Thor to training camp not Eddie his own countryman lol.
If Tyson can teach him how to use that reach effectively it would be a huge help for Thor. Especially considering Eddie is built like a bowling ball with stubby arms.

That said, Thor still isn't that great at boxing either. It all looks extremely unnatural to him. He's technically much better than Eddie though. But I wasn't all that impressed by his skill when he fought Devon. He's still hittable and I'm sure Eddie does punch really hard.

Reactions: PEB
Agreed. Eddie will always say it isnt legit though

Tbf Thor should of done it again somewhere more verified or again

I am sure Stoltman and Shaw could do it. Shaw likely doesnt at the moment because he doesnt want to hurt Eddies ego. Also, I always felt Eddie was obviously gifted but he is not as gifted as the guys who dont have to nearly kill themselves to win a title or place
Tom isn't close to 501 at the moment I think. He's a good deadlifter, but nowhere near the level Thor and Eddie were at when they started their prep for 500/501.

Shaw used to be a great deadlifter, but even at his prime he was never close to 500. I think Jerry Pritchett or Benni Magnusson in their prime might have gotten close to it if they dedicated as much time to it.

As for the new guys who might do it, Pavlo Nakonechnny has some unreal potential. But he attacked Novikov at a Giants Live show so who knows when he'll be allowed back there. Asko Karu is another monster. He did 480 in training, but he got injured. Will go for 505 again in 2022.

If Tyson can teach him how to use that reach effectively it would be a huge help for Thor. Especially considering Eddie is built like a bowling ball with stubby arms.

That said, Thor still isn't that great at boxing either. It all looks extremely unnatural to him. He's technically much better than Eddie though. But I wasn't all that impressed by his skill when he fought Devon. He's still hittable and I'm sure Eddie does punch really hard.

True about Eddie but he telegraphs his punches really bad he has to run into them and unload where Thor steps forward and uses more of his body. He will not have the same level of impact but still can throw a lot more of them. Tyson will teach Thor how to move away from the punches and make Eddie work harder by his reach advantage. We still have not seen how Eddie handles getting hit in the head in training the people are wearing pads and swinging towards him not at him.

True about Eddie but he telegraphs his punches really bad he has to run into them and unload where Thor steps forward and uses more of his body. He will not have the same level of impact but still can throw a lot more of them. Tyson will teach Thor how to move away from the punches and make Eddie work harder by his reach advantage. We still have not seen how Eddie handles getting hit in the head in training the people are wearing pads and swinging towards him not at him.

It’s hard to say because of the time between this video and now, but he was terrified of being punched in the face in the past. It’s something that can be overcome through proper training and conditioning, but I’m not sure Eddie has been putting that kind of work in. It’s evident from all of his recent training footage that he has virtually zero understanding of boxing as a sport and the nuance that comes with it.

It’s hard to say because of the time between this video and now, but he was terrified of being punched in the face in the past. It’s something that can be overcome through proper training and conditioning, but I’m not sure Eddie has been putting that kind of work in. It’s evident from all of his recent training footage that he has virtually zero understanding of boxing as a sport and the nuance that comes with it.

He has pretty much done nothing to improve from that 2016 video and he has been working with taller guys but Thor has superior cardio and will learn how to back off and keep distance from the charging rhino Eddie.

Woman representing very cute Lea and nearly 500 on the deadlift insane.

Oof, yeah he appears to be fully out to lunch. He was in the comments section saying that he was giving pros a run for their money.

Oof, yeah he appears to be fully out to lunch. He was in the comments section saying that he was giving pros a run for their money.

What did I just watch lol. All the guy did was hold back an throw short jabs. Eddie saying he is hiding his training with pro boxers is laughable at best lets see the edited video Eddie?

He admits being off the gear dropped huge weighed yet still a monster. Larry been calling out all powerlifters and even joked at his gym the only thing not on the gear is his weight belt lol. I got to give Larry credit for keeping it real.

Tom isn't close to 501 at the moment I think. He's a good deadlifter, but nowhere near the level Thor and Eddie were at when they started their prep for 500/501.

Shaw used to be a great deadlifter, but even at his prime he was never close to 500. I think Jerry Pritchett or Benni Magnusson in their prime might have gotten close to it if they dedicated as much time to it.

As for the new guys who might do it, Pavlo Nakonechnny has some unreal potential. But he attacked Novikov at a Giants Live show so who knows when he'll be allowed back there. Asko Karu is another monster. He did 480 in training, but he got injured. Will go for 505 again in 2022.

Tom's really put some work into his Deadlift over the past year or so, Dan Hipkiss has been such a great coach for him.

Bish is looking at the 505 too , a couple of his last YT video have been focusing on that.

Finally finished the 2021 World's Strongest Man. Enjoyed it, was actually quite surprised that Boudreault took 3rd.

Reactions: PEB
Back