Sherdog Strongman Discussion V2

Thor looking ridiculous like really ridiculous. Remember this man still weighing in a something like 160 kilos.

Transformation time.

Because it's not done in competition.

I can see his point. There was a whole shitstorm about the WUS records, but now Giants Live is showing that they don't really give a shit about being consistent with anything. They're giving Biby an attempt to break the log out of competition, they gave him an extra attempt at the axle even though it was not in the rules, they give athletes the time they want to rest between attempts while saying Thor got to rest as much as he wanted. Kinda pathetic on Giants Live's part IMO. Shows they didn't give a damn about any of it, they just wanted to discredit Thor and WUS.

That said, I think it's weird Z has a problem with this because he was the ref in many WUS records.

I thought they were basically going to replicate what was done for the others in the previous comp when it came to the weight jumps, timjng etc to try and make it as close to competition as possible. Anyway I feel there's more to it as Z was happy to ref Luke's wr attempt that wasn't in competition

I thought they were basically going to replicate what was done for the others in the previous comp when it came to the weight jumps, timjng etc to try and make it as close to competition as possible. Anyway I feel there's more to it as Z was happy to ref Luke's wr attempt that wasn't in competition
I don't know what Z's problem is exactly.

But the thing is, GL has made a huge fuss about the WUS world records. Even though they also made attempts to make it as close to a competition scenario as possible. Thor had stricter wait times than the people at GL events. He had the strictest ref in the sport. Similar weight jumps as Eddie. And they still made a fuss. And now they're not being strict at all. It just seems that their criteria now is "a WR is only credible if it is done at a GL event.".

^ that shit has nothing to do with the sport of Strongman. Could almost consider it McGregor vs Mayweather type cheese.

^ that shit has nothing to do with the sport of Strongman. Could almost consider it McGregor vs Mayweather type cheese.
In the words of Dana White: Pump the brakes. Thor is "former worlds strongest man an currently world deadlifting record holder" boxing match. I figured to cover it because of his ties to strongman. Instead of creating a new thread he also weighed in at 147 kilos he is a freaking unit it will be interesting to see how hard he hits Devon. Eddie Hall without quality boxing has come within 27 kilos of the hardest punch ever recorded.

Last edited:
The loglift record has finally gone after 14years(?) of big z domination. Kind of sad in a way but it had to happen eventually

Reactions: PEB
Yeah yeah I know not strongman related but could be? Devon got mauled but made a quick buck.

Back