Sherdog Strongman discussion thread- Strongman classic looms

Status
Not open for further replies.
His slogan is strong and pretty, I'm starting to wonder.. I like the guy though, he's entertaining. He brings Shaw out of himself a little. Don't know if he's going to be a threat going forwards though. He should become a wrestler imo.
He's an entertainer and not a serious competitor guy has a huge frame and is genuinely Strong but doesn't want "it" as much as the top guys.

I remember that , that was a stupid part of that interview. Guy is a charismatic moron.

He makes a good point. All the football athletes dont do the type of deadlifts he was talking about. Every chiropractor I have met also says deadlifts and heavy squats are the #1 destructive thing to spinal columns. They also from a evolutionary view are not crucial to being strong.

He's an entertainer and not a serious competitor guy has a huge frame and is genuinely Strong but doesn't want "it" as much as the top guys.

I havent seen the whole Rogan interview. Does he ever talk about how he will seem to never win? And how does he deal with that

He makes a good point. All the football athletes dont do the type of deadlifts he was talking about. Every chiropractor I have met also says deadlifts and heavy squats are the #1 destructive thing to spinal columns. They also from a evolutionary view are not crucial to being strong.

What do you mean by the last sentence? Do youe mean for running and tree climbing etc? If so I guess I see your point, but I'd argue that you'd be missing interspecies conflict on a societal and personal level are evolutionary pressures for which having the stronger posterior chain is an advantage.

Every chiro I've gone too has also been something like a professor of kinesiology, or done work with the Celtics, etc. and they all agree a strong posterior is the #1 key to power and strength.

The whole study chiropractic's is odd. I definitely believe there are good chiropractors out there but most studies show that adjustments aren't really any more effective than a massage and many chiropractic studies and techniques are exactly evidence based. A good chiropractor will basically do what a physical therapists does.

Brian Shaw takes it. He is a giant with freak genes.

Who do you think is the greatest strongman ever? And who is the most freak genetics?
He's taking advantage of the fact that the top guys aren't competing.

Whilst true, honestly even so it is probably the toughest era so far in strongman and a title is a title.

Many are out from injury, and being healthy is just as much a part of the competition as anything else.

Durability is a valued asset, it allowed to Big Z to dominate at the Top for Years same for Shaw if not for Shaw Big Z would be have 6 or 7 titles. They had a good rivalry and I commend Shaw besting Z sometimes their Prime years and also Holding Off Hall and Thor from Winning Multiple Titles before they retired.

The whole study chiropractic's is odd. I definitely believe there are good chiropractors out there but most studies show that adjustments aren't really any more effective than a massage and many chiropractic studies and techniques are exactly evidence based. A good chiropractor will basically do what a physical therapists does.
Agreed I garuntee none of these “chiropractors” do these exercises. Like they say it to protect themselves from liability. Those that are old enough, next time ask your doc (I know not all of them) about a script for TRT or GH and they will look at you like you’ve opened the gates of hell up (ESP those with female docs). Anyways to say that squats or dead’s (which are the building blocks of putting on healthy muscle) don’t need to be done, well that’s insane.

It's 2020 and its ridiculous he have to basically dig for results

Agreed I garuntee none of these “chiropractors” do these exercises. Like they say it to protect themselves from liability. Those that are old enough, next time ask your doc (I know not all of them) about a script for TRT or GH and they will look at you like you’ve opened the gates of hell up (ESP those with female docs). Anyways to say that squats or dead’s (which are the building blocks of putting on healthy muscle) don’t need to be done, well that’s insane.

It ain't insane to say squats and deadlifts don't have to be done. There are loads of exercises that work all that shit, they may not be as effective at building mass or strength but there's lots of ways to do things without powerlifting.

It ain't insane to say squats and deadlifts don't have to be done. There are loads of exercises that work all that shit, they may not be as effective at building mass or strength but there's lots of ways to do things without powerlifting.

True but they are giving up solid Foundational strength builders. Plus most comps will have some variation of a Squat or Deadlift either for Reps or 1RM .

True but they are giving up solid Foundational strength builders. Plus most comps will have some variation of a Squat or Deadlift either for Reps or 1RM .

Yeah, but the said chiropractors probably wouldn't suggest you don't squat or deadlift if you do them in competition either!

We're in a circular hell here.

I'm with you though, of course, if you're competing in strongman or powerlifting you'd be dumb not to do the movements.

That's why that 'hot take' is dumb from those chiropractors.

@Phlog

Your 2020 World’s Strongest Man Finalists Are

1. Jerry Pritchett
  2. Kevin Faires
  3. Oleksii Novikov
  4. JF Caron
  5. Brian Shaw
  6. Luke Richardson
  7. Adam Bishop
  8. Tom Stoltman
  9. Graham Hicks
  10. Aivars Smaukstelis

Not a fan of the Runner up for each group having to do Atlas Stones head to head with the 3rd Place guy to make the Finals, Terri Hollands got Screwed there.

@Phlog

Your 2020 World’s Strongest Man Finalists Are

1. Jerry Pritchett
  2. Kevin Faires
  3. Oleksii Novikov
  4. JF Caron
  5. Brian Shaw
  6. Luke Richardson
  7. Adam Bishop
  8. Tom Stoltman
  9. Graham Hicks
  10. Aivars Smaukstelis

Not a fan of the Runner up for each group having to do Atlas Stones head to head with the 3rd Place guy to make the Finals, Terri Hollands got Screwed there.
Bobby Thompson too.

Oberst didn't make the final. Didn't even win the log press in hit heat. Not surprised to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back