Sherdog Strongman discussion thread- Strongman classic looms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this that Dutch giant guy?
Yes and he will never compete in any strongman challenges just thought it would be amazing if he tried lol.

EDIT: He's the only guy I ever seen who made the 6'9" Thor look like a child LOL again.

Sometimes I wonder if this was the reason why all these guys had something to do with the World Strongest Man last week. There is plenty of on going talk about doing another one of these Strongest Men in History shows on the History Channel. I heard part of the reason they have not filmed another one is contractual and the other was COVID 19 making it impossible to travel overseas. I was surprised by Brian response when he was asked would be do another Strongest Men in History show because I expected him to say the show took to much out of his time to compete but no he said he would be willing to do another one.

I have to say Larry's time training with Thor in Iceland upped his game for sure. I mean he's on another level vs other huge dudes. It's like his genetics went through some kind of radical change. He's strength level is wild especially on a seated press. Oh and Kirill sounds like a cocky jerk.

Last edited:

@Phlog
@irish_thug

Shaw dissecting his performance, he's got a lot on his plate business wise , I feel like he just doesn't want to admit that he isn't in his prime anymore, father time is undefeated. Well at least he is focused on presenting the Shaw Classic to the best of his abilities.

@Phlog
@irish_thug

Shaw dissecting his performance, he's got a lot on his plate business wise , I feel like he just doesn't want to admit that he isn't in his prime anymore, father time is undefeated. Well at least he is focused on presenting the Shaw Classic to the best of his abilities.

I just saw that a few minutes ago. I think it's the right choice for him.

I just saw that a few minutes ago. I think it's the right choice for him.
He kinda throw it out that he could change his mind he did something similar I think last year. He realizing though this time that his size and age is likely going to hold him back more and more.

@Phlog
@irish_thug

Still funny he finished 5th in the world and he feels washed up that's how far the top new guys have progressed.

Still funny he finished 5th in the world and he feels washed up that's how far the top new guys have progressed.
If it weren't for all the injuries and covid infections he likely would have scored worse.

Cool, I like it when someone different wins it. Novikov is a scary looking bloke! Just googled him.

Damn right, and he absolutely slayed it. He's incredibly fast and still beat the competition at static strength in the deadlift, although that was set up perfectly for his levers.

Seeing him Licis and Stoltman go at it is going to be insane next year. The top flight of strongman right now is better than a champ from 10years ago.

Damn right, and he absolutely slayed it. He's incredibly fast and still beat the competition at static strength in the deadlift, although that was set up perfectly for his levers.

Seeing him Licis and Stoltman go at it is going to be insane next year. The top flight of strongman right now is better than a champ from 10years ago.

No love for Kieliszkowski?

Think I'd favour him over those 3, everyone being 100%.

Very tight though. One bad event, can really fuck you over.......see Stoltman last week and Kieliszkowski at the Arnold's.

No love for Kieliszkowski?

Think I'd favour him over those 3, everyone being 100%.

Very tight though. One bad event, can really fuck you over.......see Stoltman last week and Kieliszkowski at the Arnold's.

This deadlift attempt made me think he might not manage it, he's known to have a weak lower back, weaker than world class that is.

But I'm ready to be proved wrong!

Bish is always getting better also!

This deadlift attempt made me think he might not manage it, he's known to have a weak lower back, weaker than world class that is.

But I'm ready to be proved wrong!

Bish is always getting better also!

I think when you are young, it's better to have a weakness or 2 mixed with several strong events rather than be (relatively) average across the board.

That is to say 1st, 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 2nd is better than 4th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back