Sherdog, start cracking down on trolling in the Pride and UFC forum...

El Che said:
maybe make someone have to be here for over a month before even making a thread. If you make a minimum amount of posts to start a thread, we will have postwhores galore.

Exactly.

Seniority > how many times you can bash Tim Sylvia in one week.

If someone wants to wait 1-3 months before trolling the fuck out of the forums, then they can be rewarded with an IP ban or having to post their picture in OT or something.

SirBoonHammer said:
Maybe the mods could create a feature similar to the ignore feature, but you could ignore threads started by people with white belts instead of individual users.

That way all the people who bitch about white belt threads would have to STFU, and the rest of us could enjoy Donny's threads in peace.

Here is an idea.....

DON'T OPEN A THREAD WITH A CRAPY TITLE.

I love how everyone complains about people who troll or start stupid threads, yet they still take the time to open the thread and flame them? If you ignore it, it will go away.

Also, I have yet to see a thread where 100 percent of the posters are flaming it.

Stop being a baby. No one is making you open the dumb threads.

As many sherdoggers know it is not the color of the belt that tells us how much they follow MMA. A lot of white belts have more mma knowledge than many yellow,orange,blue,etc.. belts.

Mods need to be quicker at picking up on trolls.

the next thread your most likely to see is someone starting a thread about stupid people who start stupid threads about stupid whitebelt's and there stupid threads and how those threads arent good threads at all because threads from whitebelts are about TUF and we all know those threads are not good threads at all..

Mikewow02 said:
Mods need to be quicker at picking up on trolls.

You can't guarentee mods will be on at all times of the day. They aren't automated machines. Except Krikit.

What needs to be done is us, the people, need to help evolution along by finding where these trolls live and mangle their reproductive organs.

And then fuck their mothers.

Let's go!

The more I think about it, this seems like a TROLL!

MMCDOLE said:
Here is an idea.....

DON'T OPEN A THREAD WITH A CRAPY TITLE.

I love how everyone complains about people who troll or start stupid threads, yet they still take the time to open the thread and flame them? If you ignore it, it will go away.

Also, I have yet to see a thread where 100 percent of the posters are flaming it.

Stop being a baby. No one is making you open the dumb threads.

I don't mind white belt threads but a lot of people here do. If the mods made a little check box or something that prevented a user from seeing white belt threads a lot of people would be happy. It would be nice if people had enough self control to ignore threads they don't like, but they don't so I think my idea is a good one.

dont know if its possible but the threads should be approved. not all whitebelts are morons like some people think. they shouldnt be totally banned from making threads. another good solution would be not to feed the trolls. if noone goes into the troll threads and responds calling them a dumbass and flipping out they will stop

As others have said, the best way is probably to get rid of the belt system. Although I would lose my cool blue belt, it would be worth it to see some of the postwhores lose all their hard work.

The problem is that builidng postcounts is easy enough, and does not indicate MMA knowledge, or even length of time on Sherdog anymore. I have seen people who have been here for less time then even myself, and they are already moving up the Belt List quickly.

I think before I thread can be started, it is sent for review by the mods and they either accept or decline the posts...

COUNT_CHOCULA said:
You can start making these forums a better place by NOT letting whitebelts start new threads.
how about this...we run every new thread by count chocula to determine if it is worthy of being seen by the rest of sherdog. you have just brought sherdog jagoffidness to a new level my friend. congrats. now back to the closet with you. boloney lover.

AlexRulez said:
Then all those guys, will start posting like crazy.. to get those 500 post. Therefore it woudl be useless :(

Just like some of the above - lol

i prefer a good troll to reading another "Who is the real #1LHW?!?!?!??" for the millionth time.

Torgo said:
How about instead they ban dumbshits who make redundant threads?
If they did, they will just start a new account and do it all over again. They should make it where you can only have two accounts maximum per IP address.

Back