Sherdog POTWR Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lead

/Led/ blanket
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer- To those not interested in this (voting/running), there are three more times the tags will be posted so PM me or tag me in a post here if you wish to be removed.

sd.jpg

With the real election wrapping up, the War Room has been left in shambles. It needs someone to guide us, to lead us. The posters of the War Room needs a president. For the first time in War Room history, we are going to elect a president. But what could possibly be the reward for winning such a prestigious title? A bully pulpit of course! The winner of this election will be granted the right of maintaining a sticky thread during their term (January-October 2017). They can switch it out for a new one a reasonable amount of times during their term and are free to use it for whatever they please. Address your War Room citizens, highlight a news story/event you think deserves to be stickied, etc. As long as it's within the forum rules (the WR Constitution of sorts), you hold the power to do as you like.

Here's how it will work. This thread (Round 1) serves as registration and candidacy announcements.

Registration/Voting- If you have been tagged already in this thread it means you have been recognized as a War Room citizen and you are eligible to vote in this process. We decided to make citizens to avoid inference of other sub-forums from meddling in our affairs. If you believe yourself to be a regular in the War Room that has been mistakenly passed over, tag me in a post, and I will consider adding you to the list. If you are not added, do not take it personal. We are simply trying to maintain the integrity of the race and next time around, I will be sure to remember you if you are indeed a regular here.

Candidacy Announcements- If you have been tagged (except for mods), it means you are eligible to run for this office. To those who dare enter the gauntlet of scrutiny and vetting that lies ahead in order to win this sacred seat, please post a speech calling for why you are running and what you plan to do/post during your term. Feel free to add whatever grandstand/pandering/record touting you wish but I ask that you end it with "...to announce my candidacy for the President of the War Room." Also tag me so I can officially recognize you in the race. Keep in mind only so many slots can be filled for a nomination. I've come up with a formula in case we need to cut down the number down to 15. I doubt this will happen but it may motivate you to give a decent length speech.
The process is this formula
(Current Year-Join Date Year)x 1000 = A
Number of Posts = B
Number of Setences in Speech x 100 = C (Don't try to cheat this somehow with one word sentences or I'll just count it as 0. Also, I will count the first qualified version of the speech, not edits)
A+B+C= Candidate's Score
The highest 15 scores will make it to the next round and avoid becoming the fringe candidates of the early part of the race.
Disclaimer: Those who run should not have thin skin.

You all are also free to call/encourage for a poster to run in this thread.

The following rounds will work like this:
Round 2 Debate/Townhall- We will have our candidates decided by this point. Round 2 will serve are the vetting/scrutiny process. A series of questions will be given to each candidate that they will need to answer. I will PM them the questions and provide each of their answers in the OP. The OP will somewhat serve as the formal debate. From there, anyone will be free to tag and ask the candidates questions whether hostile or civil. You will be free to grill or praise a candidate. This is the closest you will get to a call out thread opportunity in the WR. That is the price the candidates accepted when declaring to run after all.
Round 3 The Jungle Primary Round- The election will begin. The War Room will be using a multi-candidate friendly system. This means when the first poll closes, the two candidates with the most (registered/legal) votes will continue to the general/run off election. Remember, only War Room citizen votes will be tallied once the poll closes. Candidates who can already tell they lost are free to make concession speeches at this point.
Round 4 The General Election- This will be our general election.
Two candidates will be left and another poll to see who wins. I will ask drop out candidates via PM to submit any endorsement speeches that haven't been made in Round 3 that will be included in the OP. Once the poll closes, the winner will be announced and begin their privileges in January.

This is around a two month process ending before January. The polls for both Round 3 and 4 will be open for around 14 days so no worries on a quick time constraint. The term will last 10 months until the end of October 2017, where the process starts all over again.

By the end of the year, the War Room will have it's first elected official. It is in your hands now War Room. Who will you choose to represent you. A uniter or a tyrant? A peacemaker or a demagogue? Let the rat race begin.

War Room Citizen Registry:
@7437
@2DUM2TAP
@Adamant
@AgedFlatus
@aitkenmike
@Amerikuracana
@AnGrYcRoW
@Anung Un Rama
@Arkain2K
@Awesomesauce
@bad seed
@Bald1
@Banchan
@BAM
@Bat Dad
@BOWHUNTER
@Blackened
@BruceLeeOnTRT
@Bukowski82
@CableandThanos
@carlos cadona
@CEROVFC
@Charles Manson
@Cmart
@colby25
@Contra-dictator
@Cubo de Sangre
@Concurrent GOAT
@COTUR1@43
@Darkballs
@Denter
@DevilsLettuce
@Devout Pessimist
@Diamond Jim
@dittohead84
@dontsnitch
@Dr J
@drstrangelov
@DynamicLoosener
@ehtheist
@EL CORINTHIAN
@ens189
@Falsedawn
@Farmer Br0wn
@Fawlty
@FinalFight
@Gandhi
@GearSolidMetal
@Giblert
@glennrod
@Graverobber
@Goonerview
@Greoric
@Gutter Chris
@Hans Gruber
@Hans Gercmiov
@HereticBD
@Higus
@Hogey
@Hollywood Nicky
@HomerThompson
@IDL
@In The Name Of
@InvestigatorIL
@irish_thug
@ironwolf
@Jack V Savage
@JadeOwl
@J. Bernie Cunningham
@JDragon
@jgarner
@jmag
@Joseph Budden
@JosephDredd
@JudoThrowFiasco
@Junes
@Juventud
@K1levelgrappler
@Kafir-kun
@KBE6EKCTAH_CCP
@KILL KILL
@King of Fists
@KONG-D'SNT-TAP
@KnightTemplar
@kpt018
@Krallang
@Lead
@Leroy Jenkins
@lfd0311
@lilelvis
@LionExMachina
@Limbo Pete
@lecter
@LogicalInsanity
@LucasWithLidOff
@M3t4tr0n
@m52nickerson
@Makani
@Madmick
@MASShole
@mcveteran81
@MeatheadMike
@MicroBrew
@mr.bigglesworth
@MusterX
@ncordless
@NelmarksGhost
@Nietzsche13
@nostradumbass
@ObsoleteSoul
@Octavian
@oldshadow
@Orgasmo
@Overpressure
@panamaican
@Peteyandjia
@PrinceOfPain
@Quipling
@reflector
@RespectableDenizen
@RetiredSlave
@Rex Kwon Do
@RhinoRush
@riddleofsteel
@RighteousWar
@ripskater
@Rod1
@Ruprecht
@sabretruth
@second sight
@shadow_priest_x
@ShinkanPo
@sickc0d3r
@SidJustice
@silus_2000
@sloppypie
@SMEAC
@sodapopinski
@SouthoftheAndes
@snakedafunky
@Space
@spin_
@Strychnine
@Teen Wolf
@TeTe
@Thames
@The ScorpioN
@theBLADE1
@TheComebackKid
@The Diplomat
@The Higher Power
@TheStruggle
@Throttlehead
@Thunderflash500
@Thurisaz
@Tol
@Tropodan
@TSO
@ucunc156
@Undying Poster
@UpaLoompa
@Vitamin C
@VivaRevolution
@Voodoo_Child906
@voxom
@waiguoren
@WhitebeltXL
@WorldofWarcraft
@Zankou

Candidates who have announced:
OverPressure
Panamaican
m52nickerson
Falsedawn
Jack V Savage
HereticBD
Palis
MusterX
Amerikuracana
Ehtheist
JDragon
Snakedafunky
CEROVFC
lfd0311
Junes
Space
Clippy
HomerThompson
VivaRevolution

Last edited:

<{anton}>

I will exterminate--I mean ban--the SJWs of Sherdog if you elect me. I have yuge hands. Leftists are cucks. Vote for me because if you don't you're a pussy.

@7437
@2DUM2TAP
@Adamant
@AgedFlatus
@Amerikuracana
@AnGrYcRoW
@Anung Un Rama
@Arkain2K
@Awesomesauce
@bad seed
@Bald1
@Banchan
@BAM
@Bat Dad
@BOWHUNTER
@Blackened
@BruceLeeOnTRT
@Bukowski82
@CableandThanos
@carlos cadona
@CEROVFC
@Charles Manson
@Cmart
@colby25
@Cubo de Sangre
@Concurrent GOAT
@Darkballs
@Denter
@DevilsLettuce
@Devout Pessimist
@Diamond Jim
@dittohead84
@dontsnitch
@DynamicLoosener
@ehtheist
@EL CORINTHIAN
@Falsedawn
@Farmer Br0wn
@Fawlty
@FinalFight
@Gandhi
@GearSolidMetal
@glennrod
@Goonerview
@Greoric
@Gutter Chris
@Hans Gruber
@Hans Gercmiov
@HereticBD
@Higus
@Hogey
@Hollywood Nicky
@HomerThompson
@IDL
@In The Name Of
@InvestigatorIL
@irish_thug
@ironwolf
@Jack V Savage
@JadeOwl
@J. Bernie Cunningham
@JDragon
@jgarner
@Joseph Budden
@JosephDredd
@JudoThrowFiasco
@Juventud
@K1levelgrappler
@Kafir-kun
@KBE6EKCTAH_CCP
@KILL KILL
@KONG-D'SNT-TAP
@KnightTemplar
@kpt018
@Lead
@Leroy Jenkins
@lfd0311
@LionExMachina
@Limbo Pete
@lecter
@LogicalInsanity
@LucasWithLidOff
@M3t4tr0n
@m52nickerson
@Madmick
@MASShole
@mcveteran81
@MicroBrew
@MusterX
@ncordless
@NelmarksGhost
@Nietzsche13
@nostradumbass
@ObsoleteSoul
@Octavian
@oldshadow
@Orgasmo
@Overpressure
@panamaican
@Peteyandjia
@PrinceOfPain
@Quipling
@reflector
@RespectableDenizen
@Rex Kwon Do
@RhinoRush
@RighteousWar
@ripskater
@Rod1
@Ruprecht
@sabretruth
@second sight
@shadow_priest_x
@ShinkanPo
@SidJustice
@silus_2000
@sloppypie
@SMEAC
@sodapopinski
@SouthoftheAndes
@Space
@spin_
@Strychnine
@Teen Wolf
@TeTe
@Thames
@The ScorpioN
@theBLADE1
@TheComebackKid
@The Diplomat
@The Higher Power
@TheStruggle
@Throttlehead
@Thunderflash500
@Thurisaz
@Tropodan
@TSO
@ucunc156
@Undying Poster
@UpaLoompa
@VivaRevolution
@Voodoo_Child906
@voxom
@waiguoren
@WorldofWarcraft
@Zankou

Last edited:
Disclaimer- To those not interested in this (voting/running), there are three more times the tags will be posted so PM me or tag me in a post here if you wish to be removed.

sd.jpg

With the real election wrapping up, the War Room has been left in shambles. It needs someone to guide us, to lead us. The posters of the War Room needs a president. For the first time in War Room history, we are going to elect a president. But what could possibly be the reward for winning such a prestigious title? A bully pulpit of course! The winner of this election will be granted the right of maintaining a sticky thread during their term (January-October 2017). They can switch it out for a new one a reasonable amount of times during their term and are free to use it for whatever they please. Address your War Room citizens, highlight a news story/event you think deserves to be stickied, etc. As long as it's within the forum rules (the WR Constitution of sorts), you hold the power to do as you like.

Here's how it will work. This thread (Round 1) serves as registration and candidacy announcements.

Registration/Voting- If you have been tagged already in this thread it means you have been recognized as a War Room citizen and you are eligible to vote in this process. We decided to make citizens to avoid inference of other sub-forums from meddling in our affairs. If you believe yourself to be a regular in the War Room that has been mistakenly passed over, tag me in a post, and I will consider adding you to the list. If you are not added, do not take it personal. We are simply trying to maintain the integrity of the race and next time around, I will be sure to remember you if you are indeed a regular here.

Candidacy Announcements- If you have been tagged (except for mods), it means you are eligible to run for this office. To those who dare enter the gauntlet of scrutiny and vetting that lies ahead in order to win this sacred seat, please post a speech calling for why you are running and what you plan to do/post during your term. Feel free to add whatever grandstand/pandering/record touting you wish but I ask that you end it with "...to announce my candidacy for the President of the War Room." Also tag me so I can officially recognize you in the race. Keep in mind only so many slots can be filled for a nomination. I've come up with a formula in case we need to cut down the number down to 15. I doubt this will happen but it may motivate you to give a decent length speech.
The process is this formula
(Current Year-Join Date Year)x 1000 = A
Number of Posts = B
Number of Setences in Speech x 100 = C (Don't try to cheat this somehow with one word sentences or I'll just count it as 0. Also, I will count the first qualified version of the speech, not edits)
A+B+C= Candidate's Score
The highest 15 scores will make it to the next round and avoid becoming the fringe candidates of the early part of the race.
Disclaimer: Those who run should not have thin skin.

You all are also free to call/encourage for a poster to run in this thread.

The following rounds will work like this:
Round 2- We will have our candidates decided by this point. Round 2 will serve are the vetting/scrutiny process. A series of questions will be given to each candidate that they will need to answer. I will PM them the questions and provide each of their answers in the OP. The OP will somewhat serve as the formal debate. From there, anyone will be free to tag and ask the candidates questions whether hostile or civil. You will be free to grill or praise a candidate. This is the closest you will get to a call out thread opportunity in the WR. That is the price the candidates accepted when declaring to run after all.
Round 3 The Jungle Primary Round- The election will begin. The War Room will be using a multi-candidate friendly system. This means when the first poll closes, the two candidates with the most (registered/legal) votes will continue to the general/run off election. Remember, only War Room citizen votes will be tallied once the poll closes. Candidates who can already tell they lost are free to make concession speeches at this point.
Round 4 The General Election- This will be our general election.
Two candidates will be left and another poll to see who wins. I will ask drop out candidates via PM to submit any endorsement speeches that haven't been made in Round 3 that will be included in the OP. Once the poll closes, the winner will be announced and begin their privileges in January.

This is around a two month process ending before January. The polls for both Round 3 and 4 will be open for around 14 days so no worries on a quick time constraint. The term will last 10 months until the end of October 2017, where the process starts all over again.

By the end of the year, the War Room will have it's first elected official. It is in your hands now War Room. Who will you choose to represent you. A uniter or a tyrant? A peacemaker or a demagogue? Let the rat race begin.

War Room Citizen Registry:
@7437
@2DUM2TAP
@Adamant
@AgedFlatus
@Amerikuracana
@AnGrYcRoW
@Anung Un Rama
@Arkain2K
@Awesomesauce
@bad seed
@Bald1
@Banchan
@BAM
@Bat Dad
@BOWHUNTER
@Blackened
@BruceLeeOnTRT
@Bukowski82
@CableandThanos
@carlos cadona
@CEROVFC
@Charles Manson
@Cmart
@colby25
@Cubo de Sangre
@Concurrent GOAT
@Darkballs
@Denter
@DevilsLettuce
@Devout Pessimist
@Diamond Jim
@dittohead84
@dontsnitch
@DynamicLoosener
@ehtheist
@EL CORINTHIAN
@Falsedawn
@Farmer Br0wn
@Fawlty
@FinalFight
@Gandhi
@GearSolidMetal
@glennrod
@Goonerview
@Greoric
@Gutter Chris
@Hans Gruber
@Hans Gercmiov
@HereticBD
@Higus
@Hogey
@Hollywood Nicky
@HomerThompson
@IDL
@In The Name Of
@InvestigatorIL
@irish_thug
@ironwolf
@Jack V Savage
@JadeOwl
@J. Bernie Cunningham
@JDragon
@jgarner
@Joseph Budden
@JosephDredd
@JudoThrowFiasco
@Juventud
@K1levelgrappler
@Kafir-kun
@KBE6EKCTAH_CCP
@KILL KILL
@KONG-D'SNT-TAP
@KnightTemplar
@kpt018
@Lead
@Leroy Jenkins
@lfd0311
@LionExMachina
@Limbo Pete
@lecter
@LogicalInsanity
@LucasWithLidOff
@M3t4tr0n
@m52nickerson
@Madmick
@MASShole
@mcveteran81
@MicroBrew
@MusterX
@ncordless
@NelmarksGhost
@nostradumbass
@ObsoleteSoul
@Octavian
@oldshadow
@Orgasmo
@Overpressure
@panamaican
@Peteyandjia
@PrinceOfPain
@Quipling
@reflector
@RespectableDenizen
@Rex Kwon Do
@RhinoRush
@RighteousWar
@ripskater
@Rod1
@Ruprecht
@sabretruth
@second sight
@shadow_priest_x
@ShinkanPo
@SidJustice
@silus_2000
@sloppypie
@SMEAC
@sodapopinski
@SouthoftheAndes
@Space
@spin_
@Strychnine
@Teen Wolf
@TeTe
@Thames
@The ScorpioN
@theBLADE1
@TheComebackKid
@The Diplomat
@The Higher Power
@TheStruggle
@Throttlehead
@Thunderflash500
@Thurisaz
@Tropodan
@TSO
@ucunc156
@Undying Poster
@UpaLoompa
@VivaRevolution
@Voodoo_Child906
@voxom
@waiguoren
@WorldofWarcraft
@Zankou

Me baby me!

But really i would vote Rex. I have a poster crush on him.

I'm not active enough. I usually just come to say, "make America great again!" Or, "suck it, libs!" Then retreat to the heavies where I belong.

If I'm elected president I promise all the pussy you can grab!

This could land anywhere from lame to outstanding.

It's going to be fantastic. Believe me. I will ban everybody, if elected. That's a promise.

The Warroom will become known as a place of breathtaking purity.

How do we deal with all the democrats voting with banned accounts?

How do we deal with all the democrats voting with banned accounts?

By all, do you mean Hollywood Nicky? He is the only falsified vote allowed in the race out of respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back