Sherdog play by play has anderson winning

It no longer matters, just sayin ...

If it was a triathlon, Bisping won by better cardio. He fought a great fight. Still, he was beat up soundly by a better fighter. I understand how the rounds add up to Bisping winning the fight, but MMA's application of the 10 point must system sucks.
image.jpeg

I disagree. Bisping was certainly busier, and he fought a great fight, but Silva landed the better *strike* throughout the fight.

Fixed it for you all damage came from that Knee and what a knee.

What about his front kick to Mike's face? That was also a better strike than any Bisping landed. Some of his kicks and knees to the body were ferocious as well. I have no problem with Bisping winning. No fighter is going to win many fights in which they don't fight for the first two rounds. But acting as if this fight was dominated by Bisping except for one knee is lame.

What about his front kick to Mike's face? That was also a better strike than any Bisping landed. Some of his kicks and knees to the body were ferocious as well. I have no problem with Bisping winning. No fighter is going to win many fights in which they don't fight for the first two rounds. But acting as if this fight was dominated by Bisping except for one knee is lame.

Rewatch the fight that kick was more of a push and He did not really feel it.

I also worded it wrong the knee allowed Silva to land more strikes ie bispings vision was impaired etc so to me the only significant strike was really that unreal missile of a knee.

Rewatch the fight that kick was more of a push and He did not really feel it.

I also worded it wrong the knee allowed Silva to land more strikes ie bispings vision was impaired etc so to me the only significant strike was really that unreal missile of a knee.

For all the legendary KOs he's suffered, the Bisping is mentally tough and not really easy to put down. But yeah, while that flying knee was the best shot of the fight, it was far from the only one he ate.

For all the legendary KOs he's suffered, the Bisping is mentally tough and not really easy to put down. But yeah, while that flying knee was the best shot of the fight, it was far from the only one he ate.

Yeah I concede that point.

You mean all two of the KO's he has suffered?

Yep, and that vicious TKO courtesy of Rockhold. Only stopped three times, but man oh man were they all highlight reel material.
Rockhold was a sub.

But yes man one of the reasons I am a fan he fights his heart out each and everytime and has little to no quit in him.

Truely inspirational.

I just took a thick creamy dump......just saying

How did you determine it was creamy? It's peculiar that you made sure to check the consistency, but then it has been a strange day on the 'Dog...

They are fucking hopeless. As much as I hate round by round scoring for MMA, we're stuck with it and according to it, Bisping won, and fairly

Ah yes, the magic knee theory.

One knee caused lumps under both of Bispings eyes. It cut him in 5 different places at once, big cuts too. And it caused both his eyes to swell and the bridge of his nose. Apparently Andersons knee is the size of Tito's head...

Those knees to the body were also somehow from that one knee to the head that landed...

GTFO

Last edited:
They are fucking hopeless. As much as I hate round by round scoring for MMA, we're stuck with it and according to it, Bisping won, and fairly

If you only use 10-9's like most judges do. But that's not the correct way to score fights. It's not called the one-point must system, because all rounds are not equal, and the beating Bisping received in the 3rd round was not equal to the way he won the first two rounds.

If you score 10-10, and 10-8 rounds then Anderson winning is a reasonable outcome, so is a draw.

If you only use 10-9's like most judges do. But that's not the correct way to score fights. It's not called the one-point must system, because all rounds are not equal, and the beating Bisping received in the 3rd round was not equal to the way he won the first two rounds.

If you score 10-10, and 10-8 rounds then Anderson winning is a reasonable outcome, so is a draw.
Even when scoring that you still have problems. After you score one round a 10-9, the next round that should also be scored a 10-9, might make it look like a 10-10, or 10-8. Its too subjective. Significance of particular events are missed. Either have many more scoring milestones (e.g. every minute), or actually JUDGE as a whole.

Personally, I've always advocated MMA being judged (e.g. 'not scored', but using JUDGEMENT by JUDGES) as a whole, ignoring rounds, as fighters pander to them and it impacts the way fighters fight unnecessarily.

Ah yes, the magic knee theory.

One knee caused lumps under both of Bispings eyes. It cut him in 5 different places at once, big cuts too. And it caused both his eyes to swell and the bridge of his nose. Apparently Andersons knee is the size of Tito's head...

Those knees to the body were also somehow from that one knee to the head that landed...

GTFO

Knee's are the size of ones face moron not only that the impact of a knee connecting can split the nose shut the eyes and cause contusions and cuts across the face combine that with the slicing elbow and foot to face and you got some damage.

Come visit me I'll be happy to show you just how much damage a knee to the face can do.

Andy's awesome, but he lost 3 of 5 rds. today, accept that shit

Back