Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:
Not pc related really.

Gonna try out a chromecast tomorrow.

Got all my PC parts EXCEPT the power supply. I checked UPS tracking and the scheduled delivery or whatever says Saturday! Anyone know how accurate that tracking date is? Really hoping to get it by Friday.

Got all my PC parts EXCEPT the power supply. I checked UPS tracking and the scheduled delivery or whatever says Saturday! Anyone know how accurate that tracking date is? Really hoping to get it by Friday.

They're accurate. If they get delayed or they're ahead of schedule, they'll update it to show that information. In the past month I've had one shipment delayed, and one ahead of schedule. You'll usually know 2 days before the original estimated delivery date whether it's on time or whatever.

They're accurate. If they get delayed or they're ahead of schedule, they'll update it to show that information. In the past month I've had one shipment delayed, and one ahead of schedule. You'll usually know 2 days before the original estimated delivery date whether it's on time or whatever.

Dammit. Got my monitor this morning, which I didn't really need since I could use my old one in the meantime. Just waiting on the power supply now. Really tempted to just go out and buy one tomorrow if it doesn't arrive by then lol

forgot to mention, cpu cooler recommendations?

I upgraded a computer and bought components for a new one. Now I see it was serious overkill.

4690k will be more than enough. If you go for an after market cooler, go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO which is cheap and enough to get you to 4.5ghz (from what I've read on the benchmark tests and the reviews).

Is there a reason you're going for that particular PSU? You could a more powerful one albeit for less efficiency but we're talking about a small difference. The evga bronze 600w is $55. I'm just curious because like I said, I really went over board with my parts for minimal advantages.

So think about if you go to the 4690k, that's $120 less, and if you go with the evga bronze, that's $40 less, that's $160 in total, add that to your card which is $200 then you have $360 for graphics. You can't beat the gtx 970 nowadays for performance to dollar. I'd even go so far as to say the 4690k is overkill and you could get along with the i3-4150 just fine. And you wouldn't need to buy a cooler or anything. just something to think about before you make your final decision.

I have this sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna end up with a 970 after the 390 drops because it could drop the 970 price a bit.

Trying to upgrade my graphics card from a HD Radeon 6870 within the next few months. Wondering what you guys would suggest within the 150-300 price range that is a substantial upgrade form my current card.

Quick question!

I got some excellent answers from Daniel in the last thread so thanks for that!

This mobo: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-GA-78LMT-USB3-SKT-AM3-78LMT-USB3-Motherboard/dp/B009FC3YJ8 is MicroATX. My case is quite large, is this an issue? I have replaced most things inside my PCs over the years but never actually had to replace a motherboard or build a PC from scratch.

EDIT: Googled the answer like I should have done originally! I guess just to utilise the space provided by the case, could anyone recommend a similar Mobo that is full size but similar price, specs, etc?

Last edited:
For some reason I really like the MSI brand now, they have a great line up for gamers and I am interested in the all in one gaming rigs.

I used to be an Asus guy and ran an Asus/Corsair HTPC ATM but when I upgrade it will be to the new MSI stuff.

I have this sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna end up with a 970 after the 390 drops because it could drop the 970 price a bit.

Im just waiting for the 970 to drop as close to 200$ as possible. Anyone know how well the 970 can push new games on a 2k monitor? How well it would perform with video and games on a 4k TV or Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back