Sherdog Partners with CraveOnline

G

Garrett

Sherdog has partnered CraveOnline, a portal for men that provides comprehensive information on everything from film and music to games and sports.

Sherdog will be CraveOnline's MMA channel. This will allow Sherdog to reach millions of additional men that may not already be fans of the sport. All the same folks are here, and we are excited about providing better worldwide MMA coverage.

Any questions? Ask them here!

I like the new look but with the added traffic of new MMA fans can the mods survive the onslaught of complaints and general stupidity on the boards.

Good Luck to them.

Is this just to generate more traffic?
Anything changing?

Pine said:
Anything changing?
Bingo. More hits = more money = Better MMA Coverage

I like that the format's been changed, gives it an entirely new feeling.

Sherdog = Good for MMA.

We need Jerry/Gary Millen to come out and announce that no such partnership exists...

Evil Homer said:
I like the new look but with the added traffic of new MMA fans can the mods survive the onslaught of complaints and general stupidity on the boards.

Good Luck to them.

We just brought on more mods.

so yes.

~Foz

Does this have anything to do with the search function not behaving properly?

Pine said:
Anything changing?

It is a strategic partnership. One of our goals is to increase Sherdog traffic, yes. But the primary goal is to enable us to provide better MMA coverage and presentation.

Nothing is changing, except things that will only help -- like keeping our servers running on UFC nights, better administration of our advertisers and advertisements, etc.

Amorphis said:
Does this have anything to do with the search function not behaving properly?

No. That is a result of our lacking server administration, which we hope will be mitigated or even fixed within a month or so.

(still rebuilding the search index).

any plans to cater to a similar portal for women?

Fozzy said:

so yes.

~Foz

Thanks for the update, MODS on Sherdog should be given a medal sometimes for the crap they deal with.

The store will stay, correct? Hopefully Crave will PAY the mods here, they deserve it. :)

" And all men kill the thing they love, the brave man with a sword, the coward with a kiss."

tamago said:
The store will stay, correct? Hopefully Crave will PAY the mods here, they deserve it. :)

The store will stay, just as it has been!

Fozzy said:

so yes.

~Foz

I have NO idea how you got a pink sparkly belt, but i want one bad ebnough to beg you.

I understand why Sherdog would do a partnership, but why change the look? Did Crave suggest/demand a new look?

JamesArk said:
I understand why Sherdog would do a partnership, but why change the look? Did Crave suggest/demand a new look?

Since they are handling our ads, they wanted to reduce the total number of ads (notice no more of the 468 ads) and put a 728x90 ad in it's place. You'll also notice that the forum has far fewer ads per page - down to two from something like seven.

Back